Author Topic: 3D Game Martti Kuoppa Flatland Experience demo testers needed!  (Read 18509 times)

Offline C1

3D Game Martti Kuoppa Flatland Experience demo testers needed!
« on: January 17, 2008, 06:41:14 PM »
We did it :)

Martti Kuoppa Flatland Experience (sports/freeworld) 3D technical demo is ready.

For developing purposes, we need help from professionals.

http://www.chapter-one.org

If you are interested, please send us email ---> alfthan(at)gmail.com

Juho Alfthan
game producer
Chapter One Incorporated Oy
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:18:41 PM by C1 »

Offline Bugero

Re: 3D Game Martti Kuoppa Flatland Experience demo testers needed!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 06:48:45 PM »
oO I never heart about it before..

Offline bart

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 07:24:01 PM »
looks good  :beer:

u need some1 who i swilling to test the game or what?

Offline Ultraman Zoffy

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 07:45:45 PM »
I want to make Martti Kuoppa do front peg hop barflips  ;D Looks very promising... I'm a semi-hardcore gamer (depending on the genre), and I'd love to help test it, but if you're looking for someone with "professional credentials" for game testing, I guess I'm out of the running.

Offline C1

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 08:32:37 PM »
I'm very glad that so many people and companies are interested.

MKFE has been on development some time, because we are very carefull about the idea, how it is treated on gameplay.

We also wanted to make flatland very playable on screen and with different input methods/devices.

Demo is not a even one level, or a competition, it is for testing purposes and one phase of our production. There is some music, people and material from real life with full IP rights for our company.

I think, this is one of the memorable moments we have been, from the starting point of this game project. :)

All the connections, instructions, partnerships, business and development ideas are very welcome and important!

We try to make testing as easy as possible, so when there is enough requests in our email, we send the demo or link to it :)

Offline Robbie Belding

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 08:53:31 PM »
Wow that looks awsome! Are there other riders to choose from?

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 10:08:54 PM »
hahah waat... looks like a mod for the GTA 3 engine.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline C1

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2008, 11:26:18 PM »
Engine is Torque from Garagegames. We have also some engine development, that is just a different story...

Martti Kuoppa Flatland Experience is game of this sport and lifestyle/culture, it includes quite a lot of a music...

Any of you, who have PC and 3D-card in it, can try to test this technical demo. We do NOT seek professional game testers, we seek real flatlanders. :)

hahah waat... looks like a mod for the GTA 3 engine.

ciaran perry

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2008, 11:49:18 PM »
i really dont get it why does any flatlander / gamer wanna play a f*cking flatland game? i ride flat when i want flat and play computer games usually shmups and various fighters when i wanna game the 2 activities i dont wanna mix just cus there different and enjoyable in there own rights , flatland in  a game when you can go ride or do somthing else constructive towards your riding exercise stretching etc . That said i hope martti makes good  money out of this thats what its all about after all .

katobmx

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2008, 05:18:22 AM »
This game should be based on a balance meter.Like in Hoffman Bmx the grind meter.Say your using a PS2 controller or an xbox controller.One analog the buttons would control the trick(similar to button combos for  fighting moves in a fighting game0but a the same time you would use an analog knob to balance the trick and tap it to llink it to another.This type of controll if you can understand it would make a game like this challenging and fun.

-Omari Cato-

Offline C1

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2008, 05:31:13 AM »
This is a very good point. Thanks.

One question. To get serious, we tried this from year of 2004 and now we are at this point. Do you think that we (Martti, Heikki, Juho(me), Mikko, Petri, shareholders and companies) should stop making games?

We haven't got a cent yet from this, many of us does not have other work to do.

Have you ever seen that there is a litltle lack of a information about flatland (ie. flatland:what it is?) for many young people, who may be interested. I see games as a MEDIA. :)

i really dont get it why does any flatlander / gamer wanna play a ****ing flatland game? i ride flat when i want flat and play computer games usually shmups and various fighters when i wanna game the 2 activities i dont wanna mix just cus there different and enjoyable in there own rights , flatland in  a game when you can go ride or do somthing else constructive towards your riding exercise stretching etc . That said i hope martti makes good  money out of this thats what its all about after all .

katobmx

« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2008, 06:13:52 AM »
I would ignore what was just said.Flat is one of the harder Bike sports out their show it too the public,if they don't like it do what makes you feel good it just might feel good to some more people

Offline C1

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2008, 06:36:23 AM »
Good points, we do this game anyway, it is our profession to make games. I agree that flatland is one of hardest, it is also VERY hard to try. (Maybe) tricks are also very hard and expensive to make as animations/physics...

I would ignore what was just said.Flat is one of the harder Bike sports out their show it too the public,if they don't like it do what makes you feel good it just might feel good to some more people

rully

« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2008, 08:09:44 AM »
one suggestion though,..

if possible please make the trick list somehow update-able. like you can buy additional patches or updates. because i believe there are many new links/trick that were created since the day you create your trick list.

Offline condemned bmx

• Deathtrucker
  • yo
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »
hahaha! looks awesome
slater