Author Topic: Purcahseing Frame or Bike Help?  (Read 3436 times)

Offline Aceti07

Purcahseing Frame or Bike Help?
« on: January 13, 2008, 03:25:05 AM »
Hi, I have a Haro F3 series bike. I have been riding flatland on it since I started about a year ago. I have started to look into purchasing a flatland specific bike, or a flatland specific frame. I haven't found a thread using the search function that answers my question. I have looked at several websites and around the forums here and  I have found flatland fuel.com to be a great website with complete bikes and other flatland specific parts. My problem is I am trying not to spend a large amount of money right now on a bike. I was thinking maybe I could just buy a flatland specific frame and take the other parts Wheels, Sprocket, Cranks, Etc. off of my Haro and attach it to the flatland frame. I thought this may be a slightly cheaper alternative too buying a bike. However, I am very unsure as I have not worked with BMX bikes much and I really don't no what I should do to get a good flatland specific bike. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

JNY

Offline Jeremy A.

• Funky Chicken
Re: Purcahseing Frame or Bike Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 03:35:20 AM »
Im brand new to it all,  and to start I bought a DK Signal for my birthday.   I think its the sickest thing ever,  but ive never ridden anything else.  Its not too expensive either,  so if you buy a complete the Signal is pretty sweet  ;D

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 03:50:14 AM »
I'd snatch up one of those Ares frames or the Suelo Simple frame, throw all your parts on it and upgrade it as you go.

http://flatlandfuel.com/category.html?UCIDs=889258

For $150-$200 you would be in great shape.

my 2 cents.

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 04:31:27 AM »
I actually had the exact same bike as you about a couple months ago and I couldnt decide between a new bike or new frame, i finally chose a new KGB Psyconnecta and I'm so glad I did. But you would have to get an integrated headset and new bb to fit your old parts onto the new frame.Also watch out for 3/8 14mm dropouts. Completes are mostly just a bunch of cheap parts that are put together, your parts that you have now will hold up fine. Then if you want to keep going you can buy better parts.
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline Jeremy A.

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 06:22:29 AM »
Completes are mostly just a bunch of cheap parts that are put together

thanks man ^_^

Offline Pat

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 05:43:50 PM »
Completes are mostly just a bunch of cheap parts that are put together

thanks man ^_^

Hey, I dont have a problem with completes, I'm just sayin building up a bike with custom parts is better. I rode a complete for a while before switching out parts and it held out fine.  ;D
SLOflatlander-Central Coast California Flatland

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008, 05:45:33 PM »
i'm gonna guess that your Haro uses an American Bottom Bracket.  I suggest you get one of the Ares frames on FlatlandFuel.com  They have some nice frames there are then you can upgrade as you go!