Author Topic: TV Producer Searching fro BMX Rider for New Series  (Read 13566 times)

Offline Mr.Jowee

• GF Inhabitant
TV Producer Searching fro BMX Rider for New Series
« on: January 10, 2008, 10:39:24 PM »
Got this email toady. Doesn't look like they're selling anything.

TV PRODUCER SEARCHING FOR BMX RIDER FOR NEW SERIES

Challenger Films is accepting recommendations for high school and college age BMX riders to be featured on The Real Winning Edge television series for teens.   

The Winning Edge is a reality show that features three real life high school and college athletes each week who have triumphed over hardships and challenges. Each of these young people is introduced by a celebrity, such as Jeff Gordon, Martina McBride, Matt Hasselbeck, Albert Pujols, Gail Devers, Shaun Murray, and Mike Vallely.  A complete list is attached.  The purpose of the program is to provide good role models for teens through the latest high quality entertainment.

The series is in syndication and aired in 2007 on the Midwest Sports Network, the Southeast Sports Network, the Fox New England Sports Network, and Fox affiliates in such cities as San Francisco and Phoenix .  We are currently filming our 2008 season to air in the fall on Fox affiliates across the country.

More information may be found at www.realwinningedge.com and www.challengerfilms.org.

In order for a candidate to be selected for The Real Winning Edge, he or she must:
-Be articulate and able to express himself (herself) well
-Be enrolled in high school or college.
-Be actively competing in their sport.
-Have good moral character, including faith
-Have a story of dealing with adversity.

Please email Kathleen Watson at Challenger Films, kwatson@challengerfilms.org if you have a recommendation for the series – or forward this email to someone who may be able to recommend someone.

Kathleen Watson
Producer/Production Coordinator
Challenger Films
3235 Satellite Blvd. Bldg 400, Ste. 300
Duluth (Atlanta) GA 30096
770-476-3232 (Office)
770-476-1353 (Direct line)
770-476-5734 (Fax)
678-768-3214 (Cell)

byke

Re: TV Producer Searching fro BMX Rider for New Series
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 10:55:36 PM »
somebody please sign mutt up for this.
he fits all the criteria .....

timk4130

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 11:21:42 PM »
somebody please sign mutt up for this.
he fits all the criteria .....

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

that was good!

the 1st person that came to mind was tj............
i think he fits this sort of criteria !
or are you out of school now tj????????

Thlayli

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 11:26:08 PM »

The show already sucks.

TJ Perry

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 12:53:40 AM »

The show already sucks.

Yeah i read that and got pretty angry. What the f*ck do you need faith for in order to have good moral character? I know plenty of huge assholes that believe in God, and lots of really really nice and upstanding athiests.

f*ck that show.

Offline JFos

• GF Inhabitant
    • www.myspace/richardmccoy.com
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 01:06:25 AM »
Maybe they meant faith in ....gravity.

Thats an ATL number!
Schramm’s Law: “The single most important contributor to a nation’s economic growth is the number of startups that grow to a billion dollars in revenue within 20 years.”

Thlayli

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2008, 01:41:26 AM »
After further reading, there's one good thing I can say about the company doing this: the woman who started it didn't like the programming available on TV. Instead of b*tching about it and trying to get good programming taken off the air, she decided to start her own company and make television shows she'd want her kid to watch... as in, she acted in a constructive manner instead of the normal destructive "ban it" style that type of person normally defaults to.

But that line that I quoted that TJ interpreted exactly the same way turned me off to the whole thing, because it's just insulting.

Maybe Morgan Wade would be willing to work with them?

Offline tgtiw

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 03:12:16 AM »
Heathens, all of you!!!

She needs to work on her webpage, maybe god can help her with that.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2008, 05:40:28 AM »
Why look to athletes for role models?  I spent more time riding than studying in my freshmen and sophomore years of high school. 
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline tgtiw

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 05:47:04 AM »
Because smart people are boring. I'd rather have kids look up to people that run dog fighting rings and have a dead hooker or two in their trunk.

Offline LVSR

• Cliffhanger
  • I don't do 'tricks' I do 'illusions'
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 06:02:12 AM »
Someone should send this lady a link to this thread.

We all can really put it all out there and let her know how to improve the show.

At the very least rip on her and her evangelical right winged followers and the "faith" comment.

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=9254.0
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor security" --Benjamin Franklin

Thlayli

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 06:23:31 PM »
It won't help to contact her about it. Basically the entire purpose of the show is evangelical, and contacting her would basically just reinforce the persecuted martyr complex. Best to just leave it alone... she'll find the person she wants anyway, it's not like BMX doesn't have a huge evangelical contingency waiting in the wings anyway. All she has to do is contact Roland Hinz with Hi-Torque (the BMX Plus! guys) and they'll find someone acceptable.

Tell her about this thread, and somebody's just going to come in and say they'll pray for us, and then I'd say "Thanks, and I'll think for you!" and it'd just devolve into a huge off-topic flame war.

Offline LVSR

• Cliffhanger
  • I don't do 'tricks' I do 'illusions'
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 08:40:46 PM »
But that sounds like fun.

Let's do it!!  Flame wars are fun especially with the christian right.
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor security" --Benjamin Franklin

Thlayli

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 09:00:13 PM »
Yeah... it's fun. :D

But I try to keep my religious flame wars separate from my BMX discussions so I can keep friends. Just like I can't really discuss too much BMX at rantsnraves.org. Compartmentalized hostility ftw!

Offline tgtiw

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 10:04:03 PM »
Has an increase in exposure ever legitimized a fringe sport? Look at snowboarding, it's got that kid from Mask doing American Express commercials, but I don't think it's improved to sport. At best there will be some interest for a year or two, maybe a snackbar commercial, and then it disappears.