Author Topic: Could someone help me pick out a bike??  (Read 2026 times)

Offline mrballou2u

Could someone help me pick out a bike??
« on: November 21, 2007, 05:43:29 AM »
Hey, all.  Thanks for checking this out!!  I used to freestyle back in the 90's, but that was a long time ago...alot has changed.  I would really like to get back into freestyling and I am really interested in flatlanding.  The only problem is that I am 6'4" tall and about 225 lbs.  Does anyone have any suggestions for a bike that would accomidate my size that I could get here in the US for a reasonable price??  Thanks for your help!!!

Offline RideFlat66

• Backpacker
Re: Could someone help me pick out a bike??
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2007, 06:22:07 AM »
Welcom Back!!
Go with something in a 19" top tube for shure I used to flat in the mid to early 90's.Yes alot has changed,Do you want to buy a complete? or build a custom?
Custom would be the way to go, But I don't know your situation.
Most of the freestyle frames now are very short overall as compared to the 80's 90's.
When I got back into it I bought a KHE Stylus complete bike which is 18.75 top tube i think, Sitting on it felt very cramped but you get used to it, I'm 5'11"
So at 6'4" go with 19" or more top tube (of the frame) everything else, All the other parts is basically preferance.
Oh ya, Only buy from FlatlandFuel.com!!!!!!!!! :beer:
« Last Edit: November 21, 2007, 06:23:40 AM by RideFlat66 »

Offline standard146

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 05:18:20 PM »
tj is your height i think. if he reads this he can help you

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 06:52:26 PM »
FlatlandFuel has a sh*tload of older Ares frames.  They have the Bassanova frame which is a flat/street frame.  It is 19.75 and has nice angles, maybe a bit heavy.  But the price is right on all of those!