Author Topic: Japanese online store  (Read 10620 times)

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Japanese online store
« on: November 05, 2007, 06:12:16 AM »
You know guys, thats what I'd really like to see, a Japanese online flatland store in English, with only Japanese parts, like 059, Magic Fruits, Ares, Nidd, etc etc, direct from Japan. I see new stuff from these companies and its very difficult or expensive to get. For example, the only store I know of that sells 059 is French, and pricey.

Its good Ares has a US distro, but I dont think its got to be cheap to send it half way around the world and back again when I already live in Australia [Japans time zone]. Every Japanese store is in Japanese, is it too much to ask for just one to set up in English as well?  What is everyones opinion?
And Japanese riders especially,[and Okinawans] I'm interested in your feedback. Doomo arigatoo. :mellow:

Offline RideFlat66

• Backpacker
Re: Japanese online store
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 06:19:17 AM »
Yes it's like looking into a candy store but the door is locked!! :angry:

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 06:22:56 AM »
Yes it's like looking into a candy store but the door is locked!! :angry:

BINGO, thats exactly how I feel, like being taunted. :beer:

Offline Felon_Monk

• Hitchhiker
  • Okinawa Japan... Moving to Tokyo: May 2009
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 06:52:42 AM »
well, alot of stuff in Japan is expensive... generally speaking the same part you would buy in the states for 30USD will cost the equivalent of 50-70USD here. But even besides that.. alot of the shops online are actually small local shops. Riders really enjoy foreigners but its just too difficult to set up a website like that... even after that.. customer service would be a bitch. in saying that.. there are some shops with english service... are you looking for anything in particular?
My Ride: Quamen G8
07 Otokogi - Zerosiki DEAD

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2007, 07:11:34 AM »
Konichi wa Okinawan flatlander,
Well I really like alot of this stuff, but its hard to say, so I'll say yes I'd like some 059 pegs to begin with, but I just think the idea would be a nice opportunity for all flatlanders to have easy acces to these brands. They would sell more parts if even one shop did this. Would there be difficulties with customer service?

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2007, 08:52:51 AM »
Paradoxium,

Have you tried the google translator ? Do a search on google, for say aresbykes, google knows the page is not in English there is an option to "Translate this page". Google attempts to translate Japanese to English. This is how I have been searching shops in Japan to update the parts database.
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline Felon_Monk

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2007, 09:01:02 AM »
Ill check to see if they have any of that brand peg locally.. i like them too.. just kinda expensive.. lol.. and then you gotta add international shippin if you ordered them from here. As far as customer service.. if you need help with something they will need to have an individual on standby that was bi-lingual..

Paradoxium,

Have you tried the google translator ? Do a search on google, for say aresbykes, google knows the page is not in English there is an option to "Translate this page". Google attempts to translate Japanese to English. This is how I have been searching shops in Japan to update the parts database.

alot of people do that here also for car parts.. it only goes so far if you plan on purchasing though.. another good website translator is http://babelfish.altavista.com/  .. just type the website in there and go.. its been around longer than good translator but i cant say which one is better or worse.. i just know, most of the guys out here use babelfish.

Offline Paradoxium

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2007, 11:59:25 AM »
Paradoxium,

No I haven't tried that yet because I thought I'd see stuff I wanted and wouldn't know how to complete a transaction and converse with the store, about products , sizes, colors, payment details etc, because the only Japanese I know is what I learned in karate, of greetings, counting, blocks and strikes etc.

But if these stores all have English speakers, then its possible I suppose. Its so much easier to order off FF though isn't it, haha. I have ordered non bike related stuff from China before and the language barrier was a huge problem, nearly costing me dearly.

There is room for improvement, and by me putting up this thread, hopefully it gets back to them and encourages even one store to be user friendly for the international community. That would be cool. :mellow:

Offline Felon_Monk

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2007, 01:19:50 PM »
most stores wont have an english speaker on the premises. I was saying for the store to have good customer service, they would have to employ someone who was bi-lingual all the time.. and thats hard to find. Normally if they are well versed in speaking english, they have a better job.. or be like my wife and do random translations for money(she got paid 60 bux for less than one hour of translation)lol... Im gonna see what i can find out here and maybe we can work something out. Im just worried about the price you would pay for international shipping from japan... its ridiculous sometimes..

Offline pitdog504

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2007, 01:20:51 PM »
Does flatland fuel ship to Japan?  I thought the mail flew both ways... :mellow:

Offline Mbrigade

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2007, 02:09:36 PM »
it would be nice to get flatland dvd's from japan somehow

Offline Felon_Monk

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2007, 02:54:22 PM »
it would be nice to get flatland dvd's from japan somehow

Tonight my boy hooked me up with Proseed issueTWO... its not brand new but its a damn good dvd .. it has KOG 2006 (all 3 rounds) and spaceark league vol.8... content from 2005 has KOG 2005 (all 3 rounds) and Ride the Rhythm vol.1... I guess the next Proseed will have KOG 2007..i cant wait... I have a local dvd that was given to me last week.. i want to grab some peices off of it and post a lil of the flatland but i want to ask the guy first.. you can check out a lil local action on this video.. http://peevee.tv/v?ahgc5   .. no sound on it.. but its short.. i just hum my own tune.. lol

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2007, 05:36:33 PM »
Does flatland fuel ship to Japan?  I thought the mail flew both ways... :mellow:

we ship to Japan almost every day. The Japanese would rather have what we have than what they can get there in a lot of cases. Even with shipping its less expensive to order from the US or Europe than to buy locally in Japan.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2007, 01:13:02 AM »

we ship to Japan almost every day. The Japanese would rather have what we have than what they can get there in a lot of cases. Even with shipping its less expensive to order from the US or Europe than to buy locally in Japan.

isn't that ironic ?

Offline cruiser_flatland

• Funky Chicken
  • rolling on twentysix
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2007, 03:03:41 AM »
I offered to get some parts for Nathan "Penz", so if there is anyone from Western/Central Canada (or anyone that goes regularly to West/Central Canadian Jams/Comps) that wants parts email me @ cruiserflatland@gmail.com and we'll figure out what you want, what you need and what I can find.

I hopped over to W-Base on Sunday; it's a kick-ass bike shop in Harajuku (yes, home of the Harajuku Girls) and met the guy behind Zen Distribution, maybe he can hook us up with a large order of pegs and stems.

I'm in Seoul right now for 10 days, but I will be back in Japan on the 15th.

cheers, cf
There is only one way to success--to be able to challenge yourself and spend your life your own way.