Author Topic: Odyssey: Do you think they'll ever make frames or complete bikes  (Read 8056 times)

katobmx

I don't know I just wonder they make everything else on a BMX bike except those two.Maybe they would want to build a complete bike because all the parts won't be theirs.Maybe they fear they will began using other companies parts in the process of building the two

Offline Ras Trent

• Backpacker
Re: Odyssey: Do you think they'll ever make frames or complete bikes
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:35:45 PM »
I think I read in an interview or something Odyssey said they'll never make any frames or complete bikes. I think the reason was cause they didn't have any really good ideas for frames that would differ from other's.

Offline PSchoolen

• Company
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 10:27:19 PM »
making frames or bikes would cause Odyssey to lose OEM spec on other brand's bikes. They are a component company so that is what they are sticking to.

Put that aside though and you have to wonder how much Odyssey is partnered in with Sunday. Sunday uses Odyssey's technology and distributors. And is headed by one of Odyssey's team riders. So if Odyssey wanted to dabble in frames and bikes the way to do it would be through another company such as Sunday.
Patrick Schoolen
www.flatlandfuel.com

katobmx

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 11:40:00 PM »
making frames or bikes would cause Odyssey to lose OEM spec on other brand's bikes. They are a component company so that is what they are sticking to. .
Thats what I was thinking two

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2007, 12:41:38 AM »
making frames or bikes would cause Odyssey to lose OEM spec on other brand's bikes. They are a component company so that is what they are sticking to.

Put that aside though and you have to wonder how much Odyssey is partnered in with Sunday. Sunday uses Odyssey's technology and distributors. And is headed by one of Odyssey's team riders. So if Odyssey wanted to dabble in frames and bikes the way to do it would be through another company such as Sunday.

I wish Jim would make a flatland frame.  But I doubt it.  He is straight street man.  I wouldn't put it past him to do a 19in or smaller TT frame though.  But it most likely would be a variation of the New Wave frame.  Jim is cool though and seems pretty down with flatland (at least a respect for it.)  C'mon Jim make a flat frame!!

Offline thrillseeker

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2007, 05:22:27 AM »
I guess the same could be said for Primo =p

Offline kickemos1664

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2007, 05:33:05 AM »
thechnicaly if you think about it an odyssey "influenced" frame is existing

care to guess what company?
FOOKIN' METAL

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2007, 12:45:14 AM »
thechnicaly if you think about it an odyssey "influenced" frame is existing

care to guess what company?

I would say the Sunday New Wave frame, as stated above.  Jim is am Odyssey rider and the frame uses alot of odysy technologies.... unless u are talking a flat frame, in that case I have no clue

Budz

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2007, 12:53:06 AM »

goop point Pat.
i always wondered if Odyssey and Sunday were partnered up like that. i see all these Sunday frames using 41 thermal so thats what originally got me wonderin.

Offline 13th Dimension

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2007, 12:56:08 AM »
Well, basically odyssey is making frames..

G-Sport+Sunday+Odyssey = Odyssey Family as they called it somewhere.. So, yeah.. basically, they are making frames, just not under their own name..

Offline Ras Trent

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2007, 01:33:18 AM »
Speaking of Sunday the new street frame they unveiled looks sick. It has not paint, just a black rust proof coating but it ended up looking sweet. They dropped about .25 lb doing it without paint too.

rully

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2007, 04:43:02 AM »
yes, with out-tegrated headtube too!

Offline kickemos1664

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 04:53:48 AM »
you guys forgot Metal Bikes

thats originaly what i thought of
FOOKIN' METAL

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 03:41:45 PM »

yes, pat does make a great point!
and it is the same  direction that  here in louisville s-luck is making frames , but they are being manufactured by  united co.
i truely think this is the way  things will start to go after a few years, there will be like a top  5, but 3 of those companies will have tecnology, or  input from  a few  of the parts companies as well.
hopefully that  just made sence.
lol

tim

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2007, 03:55:31 PM »
The new Sunday frame is awesome.  Jim has put alot of time and thought into those frames.  The minor details are what makes it nice.  For a street frame it is very technical.  Hollow drop outs, waved downtube for strength, mid BB, bent brake mounts for minimum cable drag.  If I rode street it would be the frame I would ride.  Alittle over kill in my mind for a flat frame. though.