Author Topic: Grim Plastic pegs  (Read 12838 times)

Offline FlatMallorca

• http://
Re: Grim Plastic pegs
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »
A friend of mine made his own pegs with nylon...
Im riding with them (with griptape) and they work well, and are so light...

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2007, 05:13:25 PM »
Well...when you think about it, the MKS/Stimulator pedals hold up pretty well, and they are plastic.  So, as far as the exterior goes I wouldn't have a lot of worries.  I just don't know about bending/cracking.  I'm sure they wouldn't be suitable for street.

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2007, 07:53:23 PM »

to date not one of the pegs flatland or street have broke under normal riding circumstances...

What classes as normal? Does this mean we cannot try and come up with new tricks, as that wouldn't be "normal" riding?
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2007, 08:10:25 PM »
there are some pretty good opions, and comments on here about this product!
witch is good because most products are  put down unless some rockstar of a rider is  indorseing it.

Offline SIN

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 08:11:17 PM »

to date not one of the pegs flatland or street have broke under normal riding circumstances...

What classes as normal? Does this mean we cannot try and come up with new tricks, as that wouldn't be "normal" riding?

normal riding conditions: a peg that has not been ground down so thin that it would break off…

This comment was mainly for the street pegs, over at another forum riders didn’t think plastics pegs would last 5 seconds with street riding….

Here is what a rider said that actually tried the flatland peg on street…

Anyways, he gave me a set of the flat pegs to ride street on and they held up surprisingly well. Stalls, grinds and everything. They ended up breaking because I grinded them down too thin (on brick and rough concrete ledges).

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 09:02:37 PM »
I can't see it being a big hit for street riders then.

At 30.XX dollars or whatever I think everyone expects them to be able to take a few harsh ledges.

Might be a future in flatland tho, shame they cost so much.
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline 13th Dimension

« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 09:26:23 PM »
Plastic Park Peg is 17$, I think its same but without gnurling, little bit of griptape and..

Offline SIN

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 09:34:01 PM »
I can't see it being a big hit for street riders then.

At 30.XX dollars or whatever I think everyone expects them to be able to take a few harsh ledges.

Might be a future in flatland tho, shame they cost so much.

If you ride any street at all I suggest you check out some other bike forums, street riders are dying to get their hands on the Odyssey PLEGS that have been talked about for the last year or so. Odyssey will be releasing these in the near future.

TJ Perry

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2007, 01:11:02 AM »
I've been testing them for a while now. They are wayyyy lighter than my sequences and my magnesium flys. You can tell a huge difference just by holding them in your hand. I've been through a few different versions and just got the 1.5s in the mail from Grim, so we'll see how those hold up. So far everything has held up pretty darn well considering they are plastic.

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 02:43:21 AM »
I've been testing them for a while now. They are wayyyy lighter than my sequences and my magnesium flys. You can tell a huge difference just by holding them in your hand. I've been through a few different versions and just got the 1.5s in the mail from Grim, so we'll see how those hold up. So far everything has held up pretty darn well considering they are plastic.

Good to hear.  I wasn't planning on upgrading my pegs any time soon, but I like plastic (where it works) and now  I'm really tempted.

Oh..and the street pegs are priced individually.  So, they are pretty much the same as a pair of flat pegs.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 02:52:23 AM by ancientskool »

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 03:55:46 AM »

i honestly think the 1.65-.75 diameter is still a good thing for people that  want to ride a  normal t.t. length, and still  be able to move the bike around a good bit- but  what the hell do i know????????????

can i get some mag wheels with that?

yeah , the mag should  be avalible for a extra $20.00 as a pivitol  cap on the end of the peg.
just kidding!!!!!

LOU4130

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 04:37:49 AM »
they seem like a good idea, if they hold up for tj i bet they will do fine!.

Oh and for anyone who said they wouldnt hold up for street, the gsport plegs(someone mentioned these) have been tested by a few street riders and they are holding up very very well and the riders like them cuz you dont need to wax ledges and they are quiet for those late night sessions....i think you can check it out on the odyssey site. they seem pretty cool to me.

TJ Perry

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2007, 08:25:29 AM »
The plastic definitely works if it's made to the right thickness. Even thick they are still wayyyyy lighter than any other peg out there. My 1.75s were lighter than my magnesium pegs by a mile. My 2 pairs of 1.5s are lighter than my regular suelo griptape pegs up front!

rully

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2007, 01:15:52 PM »
So far everything has held up pretty darn well considering they are plastic.

please do let us know what you mean by that?

and also, how long do you think this pegs will last? longer than your aluminium/magnesium ones? if not then it not worth the price.

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2007, 01:39:28 PM »
So far everything has held up pretty darn well considering they are plastic.

please do let us know what you mean by that?

and also, how long do you think this pegs will last? longer than your aluminium/magnesium ones? if not then it not worth the price.

Why would a peg that is lighter and more forgiving safety-wise be marketed for the same price as pegs which are heavier and more likely to cause bruises and scrapes?  If it holds up exactly the same as aluminum or magnesium and it has the added features I've mentioned, then shouldn't they be worth more?  If they hold up only slightly less better, wouldn't their price be reasonable given the other unique features they possess?  Is it just because of perceived material/production costs?