Author Topic: Concrete pad  (Read 5593 times)

Offline jerky

Re: Concrete pad
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2022, 06:50:41 PM »
re: top coat and grip

What about putting something like the tennis / basketball / soccer court type of spray on? Those tend to be grippy to varying degrees.

That was what I've had in mind for the time when I might be in a position to have a slab at my house. I'd be aiming for at least a enough for a basketball half court and it would be cool to be able to stripe it without creating any possible slick spots with painted lines. While there might be some outdoor sport surfaces that are sprayed on but I think it's more commonly applied with a big rubber squeegee. I was encouraged that it didn't require any kind of specialized power tools to do it, just a tape measure, some masking tape, string, and the big squeegee thing.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2022, 03:45:44 PM »
Update, pad is scheduled to be poured tomorrow! To say I'm excited is an understatement!!

It's been delayed 3 times and was supposed to be completed a month ago but mother nature wasn't happy til now.

I'll upload pics soon.

Update?

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2022, 02:21:40 PM »
Here are some pics, sorry for the delay!

*Question* Looking for suggestions on a paint/coating that's not slippery. The white concrete is too bright in full sun.

Anyone who wants to visit in Ontario Canada is more than welcome. All the moonshine and cannabis you can consume :)

Offline Leone4130

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 06:59:38 PM »
re: top coat and grip

What about putting something like the tennis / basketball / soccer court type of spray on? Those tend to be grippy to varying degrees.

That was what I've had in mind for the time when I might be in a position to have a slab at my house. I'd be aiming for at least a enough for a basketball half court and it would be cool to be able to stripe it without creating any possible slick spots with painted lines. While there might be some outdoor sport surfaces that are sprayed on but I think it's more commonly applied with a big rubber squeegee. I was encouraged that it didn't require any kind of specialized power tools to do it, just a tape measure, some masking tape, string, and the big squeegee thing.

That would be pretty awesome. If it seems feasible then I'll try it and let you know how it works