Author Topic: Sequence hook stem issue  (Read 2471 times)

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
Sequence hook stem issue
« on: July 24, 2022, 05:36:33 AM »
I somehow managed to strip out the threads on one of the bolt holes, so now the bolt just spins when I try to tighten it. Should I try to re-tap the threads, or treat it as a lost cause?

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
Re: Sequence hook stem issue
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2022, 05:43:48 AM »
I somehow managed to strip out the threads on one of the bolt holes, so now the bolt just spins when I try to tighten it. Should I try to re-tap the threads, or treat it as a lost cause?

Try retapping. I successfully did that with rnc cranks that weren't properly threaded for 9/16 pedals. Amazon sells the the thread taps of various sizes and the park tool for it also.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2022, 01:00:35 AM »
give it a try

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2022, 02:30:46 AM »
At this point, I'll just let it sit on the shelf. I switched to a longer stem as my knees kept slamming into the bars, and I no longer feel cramped when I ride.

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2022, 05:13:00 PM »
At this point, I'll just let it sit on the shelf. I switched to a longer stem as my knees kept slamming into the bars, and I no longer feel cramped when I ride.

good move, I think he should have updated it for a slightly longer reach
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline 89schwinnsting

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2022, 07:17:39 PM »

good move, I think he should have updated it for a slightly longer reach

I think there was a 45mm length available when they were brought back to market.