Author Topic: Ti frame opinions & experience anyone?  (Read 3231 times)

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
Ti frame opinions & experience anyone?
« on: May 25, 2021, 11:26:51 AM »
So whats your opinion for a Ti frame grade 9?
Will it hold?

Offline Chemoflope

Re: Ti frame opinions & experience anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2021, 12:54:21 PM »
With a good design and build quality, titanium holds up fine, especially for flatland.  In my opinion, it just isn't worth the money.  Chromoly frames are already light enough.

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2021, 01:59:47 PM »
Chromoly frames are already light enough.

seems hard to avoid TI if you WANT a bike between 6 and 7 kg

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2021, 07:10:09 PM »
I think one day I may actually save up and get a ti frame. Just not until I'm like 100% positive I've found my perfect geometry. I'm close to it, still want to experiment though with seat tube angle cause I like my seat further away from bars but also don't want it too far over the back wheel. The rail seats help due to ability to adjust, but I'd still like to experiment with different angles.

I should probably also give different head tube angles a go at some point. I've only ever used 75 and 75.2, curious what 74.5 or even a bit lower feels like.

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 07:55:51 PM »
I think one day I may actually save up and get a ti frame. Just not until I'm like 100% positive I've found my perfect geometry. I'm close to it, still want to experiment though with seat tube angle cause I like my seat further away from bars but also don't want it too far over the back wheel. The rail seats help due to ability to adjust, but I'd still like to experiment with different angles.

I should probably also give different head tube angles a go at some point. I've only ever used 75 and 75.2, curious what 74.5 or even a bit lower feels like.
Me i have the perfect geo ready.
74.5 is stable but feels slow in some tricks and in pumping. 74.7 is the best of both worlds.
Stable but fast also!
For the seatpost 71.5 works best for me.
You can use a head slacker from st martin if you ride a 75.2 and make it 74.7 or machine one that is also easy.
I dont like 75.2 or faster.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2021, 09:40:34 PM »

I have FEC Hudson frame with 73.5 ht angle. The frame will hang in the air longer on tricks where you are whipping the frame around which is nice. I don't do hang 5s though and I think you'd have to expend more energy to get the back wheel.up....

Offline Truth Bmx

• Company
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2021, 11:46:30 AM »
Our Ti race products. Frame, fork and bars has been holding up very well with bmx racing. So they will be just fine with Flatland riding.