English > Bike Checks

Aliasdck's Second Bike Check (06 May 2021)

(1/4) > >>

aliasdck:
Frame: 2021 We The People Utopia Hybrid frame with 20.5" TT
Bar: WeBicycles Gov Handlebar with 9.0" rise, 3 degree up and 3 degree backsweep
Grips: ODI Longneck ST
Bar ends: Armour Bikes Everlast Titanium Bar Ends
Grip Rings: Armour Bikes Grip Rings
Stem: Sequence Hook Stem with 26mm reach
Headset: Odyssey Conical Pro Integrated Headset
Spacers: Salt Headset Spacers, Black alloy (18mm worth)
Fork: Odyssey F-Zero Fork
Cranks: 160mm Profile Magnutanium Cranks with hollow 19mm titanium spindle
Pedals: KHE Stimulatorz Pedals
Sprocket: 20 Tooth Profile Spline Drive Sprocket
Chain: some generic black chain
Bottom Bracket: Deco Spanish Bottom Bracket kit for 19mm
Seat: Autumn Stay Hungry Seat
Seat Post: Thomson Elite Seat Post
Front Hub: Armour Bikes F1 Grenade Front Hub
Rear Hub: Far East Cycles Freecoaster Hub - all steel with 14mm axle
Spokes: DT Competition 14/15g Double Butted Spokes
Spoke Nipples: GSport Taper Hex Nipples
Rims: Sun Envy Lite Rims
Tires: Ares A-Class 1.75" Kevlar in black regular compound
Rim Strips: St Martin High Pressure Rim Strips
Tubes: Heresy Fond Tubes
Front Pegs: Deco Wu Pegs in 1.5" Diameter, knurled
Rear Pegs: Ares Flawless Pegs in 115mm length

Weight: 20.3 lbs (9.2 kg)

aliasdck:

I'm loving this frame. Feels just about perfect for me, and with the addition of new lighter wheels plus some other lighter parts, its quite a bit lighter than my last setup. I started riding again in 2018 and since then my bike has been slowly loosing weight. Started around 30 lbs (13.6 kg) i think and right before switching to this frame it was down to 23.6 lbs (10.7 kg). Now, with new frame and some other different parts, its down to 20.3 lbs (9.2 kg) and I am content with that.

Currently riding with no brakes, but I tend to switch back and forth for periods of time. So this will add a couple pounds when I put them back on, maybe after the summer is over.

The front wheel shown is my new wheel but I'm not actually using it yet. I just put it on for the photo but I am actually still using an old wheel because I am still working with Pat and Armour Bikes to see if they can replace/fix the hub under warranty. The delay in getting this done is not Pat or Armour Bikes fault, it's my fault. Pat asked for a video several weeks ago but I didn't get around to sending it until a couple days ago. Now I'm waiting to hear back.

out~riding:
Nice, you just need a 1-piece curved headset spacer to match the hydroformed toptube.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAQZFUtH6ar/

aliasdck:
Oooh that is nice! I may have to get one once I've got some more money set aside. I spent all of my bike fund on this build, it's gonna be awhile....

Mambocowboy:

--- Quote from: aliasdck on May 07, 2021, 01:13:20 AM ---
I'm loving this frame. Feels just about perfect for me, and with the addition of new lighter wheels plus some other lighter parts, its quite a bit lighter than my last setup. I started riding again in 2018 and since then my bike has been slowly loosing weight. Started around 30 lbs (13.6 kg) i think and right before switching to this frame it was down to 23.6 lbs (10.7 kg). Now, with new frame and some other different parts, its down to 20.3 lbs (9.2 kg) and I am content with that.

Currently riding with no brakes, but I tend to switch back and forth for periods of time. So this will add a couple pounds when I put them back on, maybe after the summer is over.

The front wheel shown is my new wheel but I'm not actually using it yet. I just put it on for the photo but I am actually still using an old wheel because I am still working with Pat and Armour Bikes to see if they can replace/fix the hub under warranty. The delay in getting this done is not Pat or Armour Bikes fault, it's my fault. Pat asked for a video several weeks ago but I didn't get around to sending it until a couple days ago. Now I'm waiting to hear back.

--- End quote ---
Bike looks good man. Thanks for sharing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version