Author Topic: Sunlite Barefoot Pedals  (Read 2442 times)

Offline Rollin_goat125

Sunlite Barefoot Pedals
« on: May 06, 2021, 07:06:40 PM »
Anybody tried riding with Sunlite Barefoot pedals? Much cheaper ($14 on amazon) than Moto Urbans but I’m curious how they hold up and if anyone has experience with them?

Offline smsabb

• Hitchhiker
Re: Sunlite Barefoot Pedals
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 08:31:00 PM »
Garbage pedal .The spindles are steel and the plastic has a cheap feel to it (almost like dollar store plastic) I would go with the moto pedal .

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2021, 01:11:24 AM »
Those pedals have absolutely nothing comparable to the Moto pedals.

They also have cheap Boron spindles that will bend.

Offline Rollin_goat125

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2021, 03:29:04 AM »
Thanks for the quick feedback, fellas. I ordered set of Motos a week ago but they are taking a while to ship from Europa. I saw some “alternatives” on amazon today while looking for something comfy for my beach cruiser. Didn’t have a lot of specs on the Sunlites and reviews were mostly positive for cruising around on. I didn’t even think about the spindles being soft, since usually buying bmx pedals, they are mostly chromoly. I was mostly concerned about the plastic holding up after a couple hard spills. Thanks!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2021, 03:31:45 AM by Rollin_goat125 »

Offline smsabb

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2021, 03:09:40 PM »
Not only are the spindles soft ,I think if you rode these for flat you would end up smashing the pedal (These are terrible pedals ,we would change them out on sun cruisers when we ordered them for customers ,We had a bunch of pedals smash the bearing seat in when dropped on the pedal .) I would just ride whatever pedal you have till the motos come .

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2021, 09:19:59 PM »
If the Moto pedals are coming from Europa then it's gonna be awhile. I think spacex was claiming their rocket could make the trip in like 3 years or so, but of course this depends on the orientation of planets at the time too. We're talking like some 400 million miles, man that's one hell of a long ways.

Ok I'm sorry I couldn't help myself  ;D

Offline Rollin_goat125

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2021, 11:16:37 PM »
So apparently Precision Products sells the very same Sunlite/Wellgo pedals as “Precision Products Flat Form Pedals”. They have a few pics of them on their FB page, no idea what they charge. I ended up getting a set from Amazon to try out. For $12 shipped I figure there wasn’t much to lose, and surprisingly they don’t feel too chintzy for the money, but I would definitely rather spend a couple extra bucks on a set of Odyssey Twisteds. Really just wanted to try something without pins.