Author Topic: Going to SoCal for a few days 4/12 to 4/15 or 4/16  (Read 2833 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
Going to SoCal for a few days 4/12 to 4/15 or 4/16
« on: April 03, 2021, 11:23:28 PM »
I'm driving down to SoCal for work and bringing my bike along so I can ride in the evenings, I'll probably be free after 5pm each day. I'll be staying in Temecula / Murrieta area. If anyone wants to ride in the evenings between Monday 4/12 and either Thursday 4/15 or possibly even Friday 4/16 then let me know. I don't mind driving like an hour or two to you if needed.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 05, 2021, 12:22:04 AM by khe killah »

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
Re: Going to SoCal for a few days 4/12 to 4/15 or 4/16
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 12:47:05 AM »
I'm driving down to SoCal for work and bringing my bike along so I can ride in the evenings, I'll probably be free after 5pm each day. I'll be staying in Temecula / Murrieta area. If anyone wants to ride in the evenings between Monday 4/12 and either Thursday 4/15 or possibly even Friday 4/16 then let me know. I don't mind driving like an hour or two to you if needed.

Thanks!
If you can make it down I'd suggest leaving Murrieta by 230 pm otherwise you'll get stuck in heavy traffic...

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 03:26:07 AM »

Thanks!
During the week too tough for me with work and kids but maybe someone else in the area can.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 04:31:06 AM »
I get it, juggling the same myself. Maybe next time.

Offline vortexblue

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 06:57:17 PM »
I'm in Temecula.

If you can get away early on Tuesday, I head up to Huntington Beach for the 'world famouus HB tuesday'.  Lots of riders there, some well known.  I leave Temecula just after lunch, and stay there until sunset.

I'm an old noob, but enthusiastic.  If you don't mind that sort of vibe, I can meet up - it'll give me an excuse to end a work day early.  If we can nail down a day, I'll see if any of the San Diego locals want to meet up.

There's a smooth hockey rink to ride on right at the Temecula SkatePark / pump track.  If it's not occupied with hockey-ists, it's a great place to ride.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 05:02:32 AM »
Sorry vortexblue! Somehow I missed your reply until now. Thank you very much for the tip about the hockey rink, I'll check it out and hopefully it won't be occupied but I suspect in the late afternoons early evenings, especially with the good weather, this may be unlikely. If you happen to know of any other good spots in the area I'm all ears, I'm not too familiar with the area but I think it's a bit hilly? so I may have to spend some time searching. I'll be staying in one of the hotels on Jefferson Ave probably near Jefferson and Overland if memory serves.

I'd definitely be down to ride if it works out for us. It's doubtful I'd be able to get out early enough on Tuesday to make the Huntington trip worthwhile since they've already made plans for a company dinner that evening. Such a shame too, had I read about this when you first posted it then I could have diverted the dinner to Wed or Thur.

I'll be more vigilant about checking here for updates, if you wanna ride on like We'd or Thur or possibly even Monday after I get there then let me know!