Author Topic: Master of Balance Jam - San Diego, CA - Sunday March 27, 2021  (Read 10231 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
This is not my event, just making a post about it and wondering if any of you will be there? The stars just aligned and it looks like I may be going. This will be the first time around other flatland riders in a very long time so I'm excited!

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
Re: Master of Balance Jam - San Diego, CA - Sunday March 27, 2021
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 06:43:34 PM »
This is not my event, just making a post about it and wondering if any of you will be there? The stars just aligned and it looks like I may be going. This will be the first time around other flatland riders in a very long time so I'm excited!

I plan on being there.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 07:04:07 PM »
Sweet! I look forward to meeting you in person then (though I'm generally not so outgoing in person but I'll make do). I'll be a tall kinda skinny white guy on a black WTP Utopia. Names Richard, btw. See you and hopefully some others from here as well.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 07:14:25 PM »
Sweet! I look forward to meeting you in person then (though I'm generally not so outgoing in person but I'll make do). I'll be a tall kinda skinny white guy on a black WTP Utopia. Names Richard, btw. See you and hopefully some others from here as well.
See you there! Weather forecast 74 and sunny!

Offline FlatSociety

• Company
  • Hitchhiker
    • FlatSociety
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 09:08:36 AM »
Looking Forward to seeing you guys there! I'm coming in from Az (Sean Porter) I'll be riding a Purple Dagger :)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 05:39:25 PM »
Awesome! See you there too!

Still need to book a hotel for Saturday night nearby, doing that later today...

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 10:10:07 PM »
Im here? But don't see anyone?

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 10:11:42 PM »
Lol never mind I'm a day late, oops! Lol!

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 12:53:31 AM »
Lol never mind I'm a day late, oops! Lol!
Aw man I was looking for someone with a wtp utopia but didn't see one.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 06:09:20 AM »
Yea I'm an idiot! Dragged the family along, drove 8 hrs, stayed in a hotel then arrived all pumped to ride just to discover I had the day wrong. Not sure how i got it wrong, it clearly says March 27th on the picture, lol!

Oh well, didn't end up riding because it was just way too busy there, so many cars and people passing through constantly. There were a couple guys doing wheelies on 26" bikes that I watched for awhile. Ended up just going down to the beach and walking around with the family and we had a great time so it wasn't a waste.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 10:05:54 AM »
Yea I'm an idiot! Dragged the family along, drove 8 hrs, stayed in a hotel then arrived all pumped to ride just to discover I had the day wrong. Not sure how i got it wrong, it clearly says March 27th on the picture, lol!

Oh well, didn't end up riding because it was just way too busy there, so many cars and people passing through constantly. There were a couple guys doing wheelies on 26" bikes that I watched for awhile. Ended up just going down to the beach and walking around with the family and we had a great time so it wasn't a waste.
Man that's quite a story. Glad you and the family still had a good time!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2021, 08:32:28 PM »
Just sad partly because I was really looking forward to riding with someone again as I think the last time was like 2006 or 2007, so long ago! But the wife and kids had a good time and it was our first family vacation in a very long time too so it was sorely needed just wayyy too short. Oh well I'll make sure to get the date right on the next event that happens in California, I feel so dumb!

Not sure if you live in Southern California but maybe I'll bump into you one day. I live in Modesto (Northern California, between Fresno and Sacramento) but I do travel all over the state for work so one of these days I'll combine a work trip with a flatland meetup to kill two birds with one stone. If your interested I can hit you up the next time I'm planning on being in your area, wherever that may be.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2021, 09:43:34 PM »
Just sad partly because I was really looking forward to riding with someone again as I think the last time was like 2006 or 2007, so long ago! But the wife and kids had a good time and it was our first family vacation in a very long time too so it was sorely needed just wayyy too short. Oh well I'll make sure to get the date right on the next event that happens in California, I feel so dumb!

Not sure if you live in Southern California but maybe I'll bump into you one day. I live in Modesto (Northern California, between Fresno and Sacramento) but I do travel all over the state for work so one of these days I'll combine a work trip with a flatland meetup to kill two birds with one stone. If your interested I can hit you up the next time I'm planning on being in your area, wherever that may be.
Next time you're in San Diego  let me know to ride!

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2021, 10:07:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnRsYnwjH2Q

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2021, 10:30:36 PM »
Quote from: mambocowboy
Next time you're in San Diego  let me know to ride!

Will do, that would be awesome!

Out~riding, thanks for the link! Also saw the uploaded vid of a 360 off the bed, very nice! If anyone has any other vids or pics from the jam I'd love to see them as well!