Author Topic: New 2021 Eclat Mugen tires  (Read 11473 times)

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
Re: New 2021 Eclat Mugen tires
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2021, 01:51:57 PM »
For flat application I think a new rim shape would be needed. Something deeper dish to stiffen up the walls. Maybe there is a carbon or tubeless race rim that can be used?

make me think that I was surprised to find the back wheel shredder Taka uses carbon rims for longtime, and then inflate his KHE Mac tires at 80 psi

http://stmartintaka.blogspot.com/2019/02/blog-post_28.html

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2021, 07:04:31 PM »
I run the Motel works tires, those are 130 psi and I use the tire between 125 and 130 all the time, for the weight and quality is more than a great tire to me, also i have the rims sun envy with Velox rim tape and tubolito innertubes so far no problems at all, even I use rhinodillo inneliners to prevent flats. (No flats for 3 years)

I hadn't noticed this tire was rated so high, never gave it much attention. I think I'll give it a go on my next order.
For those who have tried it, is this M825 tired a good flatland tire?

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #32 on: April 24, 2021, 09:03:09 PM »
ECLAT​ MUGEN 1.95 Jay's honest reviews / test ride.

Error 404 (Not Found)!!1 Small | Large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtaIBJejW6k

Offline smsabb

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2021, 05:48:54 PM »
I had bought a set of track mark tires and the kevlar bead tore and I had pumped them up to 80 psi when the rear one blew out on me I was taking my time airing them up like I would always do with folding tires .The back tire was sitting at 80 psi for 2 minutes when I heard the kevlar rip and then boom .The front tire started making the same noise and I deflated it so fast .

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2021, 09:54:46 PM »
After seen the video i think i am correct about my first impressions,these are just ''slim'' street/park tires.No scuff threads.

In my opinion if you are only into rolling tricks and you don't scuff at all,any tire under 2.0 will do the same job for you.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2021, 10:02:13 PM »
These days I'm doing mostly rolling tricks usually on 1.75-1.9 sized tires, but I notice a difference between these tire's performances: their overall shape, how long they last, how well the grip different surfaces, etc. I can imagine, though, that some of these differences might be amplified more on larger tires. It has been a long time since I've tried a tire in the 2.0 or larger range

Offline Timmer74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2021, 11:30:30 PM »
I totally agree Aliasdck. There is a huge difference in tires. The biggest difference is the actual size. It drives me crazy that a 1.9 tire can be the same size when inflated as a 1.75 of another.
With that said, I stumbled across a tire that I've never seen anybody talk about. It's the IRC Siren Pro
https://ircbike.com/products/siren-pro

It says 1.9 but it's almost identical to the Box Hex Labs 1.75. For what it's worth, the tire felt great. I ended up selling to a guy I ride with that like tires around 1.75. I like tires more around 1.9.

Sadly, it seems as though Box is not making tires at the moment. I contacted them to see if they would be making more Hex any time soon. I was told that they're not making them now but they are looking into it more. So, hopefully they do return to making tires. I love the Hex Lab tire. They're super fast, feel close to Ares but last way longer (~3x's as long for me)  than Ares do. They go bald really quickly. but, once bald (where I love tires...I dont scuff) they last and last.

I just ordered some Zephyr's this AM to try. I wanna try the Mugen when they come out as well.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2021, 02:04:39 AM »
I totally agree Aliasdck. There is a huge difference in tires. The biggest difference is the actual size. It drives me crazy that a 1.9 tire can be the same size when inflated as a 1.75 of another.
With that said, I stumbled across a tire that I've never seen anybody talk about. It's the IRC Siren Pro

It says 1.9 but it's almost identical to the Box Hex Labs 1.75. For what it's worth, the tire felt great. I ended up selling to a guy I ride with that like tires around 1.75. I like tires more around 1.9.

Sadly, it seems as though Box is not making tires at the moment. I contacted them to see if they would be making more Hex any time soon. I was told that they're not making them now but they are looking into it more. So, hopefully they do return to making tires. I love the Hex Lab tire. They're super fast, feel close to Ares but last way longer (~3x's as long for me)  than Ares do. They go bald really quickly. but, once bald (where I love tires...I dont scuff) they last and last.

I just ordered some Zephyr's this AM to try. I wanna try the Mugen when they come out as well.
I've got both Ares and Box. The Box go bald incredibly fast when used for flatland . I've got one that looks like it may be end of life but we'll see. My Ares kevlar sand are retaining tread longer than Box Hex....

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2021, 02:09:01 AM »
On my box tire, once the threads started showing in one spot it failed there very shortly after. Heavier tires like freq g I've been able to still ride for awhile once it gets to that point where threads are showing  (assuming I don't get a puncture from running over something sharp). I try not to push my tires that far but sometimes funds are tight.

Offline smsabb

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2021, 04:29:27 AM »
I'm going to put my zephyrs back on ,They feel way bigger than 1.95s but my 1.75 frequency gs are more like 1.5s

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2021, 07:37:44 PM »
I run the Motel works tires, those are 130 psi and I use the tire between 125 and 130 all the time, for the weight and quality is more than a great tire to me, also i have the rims sun envy with Velox rim tape and tubolito innertubes so far no problems at all, even I use rhinodillo inneliners to prevent flats. (No flats for 3 years)

I hadn't noticed this tire was rated so high, never gave it much attention. I think I'll give it a go on my next order.
For those who have tried it, is this M825 tired a good flatland tire?

I found the M825 rather slow and unappealing for my pump and turbine style. ymmv
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #41 on: May 06, 2021, 07:38:53 PM »
I had bought a set of track mark tires and the kevlar bead tore and I had pumped them up to 80 psi when the rear one blew out on me I was taking my time airing them up like I would always do with folding tires .The back tire was sitting at 80 psi for 2 minutes when I heard the kevlar rip and then boom .The front tire started making the same noise and I deflated it so fast .

what a nightmare for those tires. I heard bad things about the Trackmarks but didn't realize that they exploded like that. wow

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #42 on: May 06, 2021, 07:42:43 PM »
These days I'm doing mostly rolling tricks usually on 1.75-1.9 sized tires, but I notice a difference between these tire's performances: their overall shape, how long they last, how well the grip different surfaces, etc. I can imagine, though, that some of these differences might be amplified more on larger tires. It has been a long time since I've tried a tire in the 2.0 or larger range

exactly. I found shape and hardness of the rubber compound to be the biggest factors regarding the tires' performance. Take the e-comets for example, way too tall and skinny for my liking. or silica compound Ares: way too slow

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2021, 07:45:30 PM »

good you got in touch with them @ Box. would be amazing to get another batch of them. The Box hex tires were actually pretty effin good. Light, fast, and hold their shape really well. You can ride them til the threads begin to show, but concur with Aliasdck to not push them further than that

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: May 06, 2021, 07:48:21 PM »
I'm going to put my zephyrs back on ,They feel way bigger than 1.95s but my 1.75 frequency gs are more like 1.5s

Good to hear you're liking the Zephyrs. my only concern is with the Kevlar bead during this spate of exploding tires