Author Topic: New 2021 Eclat Mugen tires  (Read 11461 times)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
New 2021 Eclat Mugen tires
« on: February 06, 2021, 03:55:25 PM »
Dear Flatland,We love what you guys do, so we thought we have a go at making an éclat tire especially for you. We have always loved creating tires, and knew we could do something special here. This one is called the MUGEN, it’s light, rolls fast and smooth, and we’re pretty darn chuffed with it. You’ll be able to purchase it towards the later half of 2021, so more info to followS We hope you’ll enjoy riding this one as much as we did designing it.
Cheers,éclat

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
Re: New 2021 Eclat Mugen tires
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2021, 08:27:13 PM »
By the looks,if you scuff its no good.Unless the material is super grippy.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 02:40:05 PM »
Hm, I think it looks good so gar. It would be nice to have an option below 1.9". And I personnally would not buy a tire over 350 g. Light tires have such a big influence on the feeling of the bike... Let's see. Thanks for posting!

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2021, 04:14:24 PM »

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2021, 07:00:12 PM »
Hm, I think it looks good so gar. It would be nice to have an option below 1.9". And I personnally would not buy a tire over 350 g. Light tires have such a big influence on the feeling of the bike... Let's see. Thanks for posting!
I agree!

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 03:54:22 PM »
eclatbmxparts We previewed our new #MUGEN flatland tire last week and we’re blown away by the extremely positive feedback.  These will be dropping later this year in 1.95” in Kevlar and Wire bead weighing in at 495g (Kevlar).

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 09:03:35 PM »
Hm, so not for me. Nevertheless it is great to have another option on the market and that a company takes care for the minority of flatland riders.

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2021, 10:52:52 PM »
this looks to me just like a park tire,what is the ''flatland'' characteristic of it?Being 1.90 in an age of 2.4?What is the killer feature that will make it compete with the Ares and the Heresy?I would like to see that feature,because its good to have options,but i don't see any,i only see a 1.9 park tire here marketed as ''flatland''.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:05:40 PM by mal »

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2021, 11:04:11 PM »
Hey mal, I know what you mean. But indeed I think there are really not so many 1.9" tires and it is below 500 g which is an advantage compared to those stupidly heavy tires in the range of 700 g. So maybe we should even be happy about this, but as I said I would like to see something in the range of 1.75" and less than 350 g...
I find it a pity that the trends in the BMX scene make it so difficult for the companies to adapt to the rider's needs. The market changes for example from super narrow tires to very wide ones within a few years. So if you plan to bring out a tire it is maybe not trendy any more when it is ready to be sold (depending on how fast you can bring a product to the shops).

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2021, 11:11:12 PM »
I am a bit skeptic because Eclat has nothing to do with flatland and this really looks to me like a slim park tire.Maybe they are targeting the street/flat ''new school'' kind of people who are not really that into flat geometries and technical stuff and just ride flat with a street bike.This looks to me more likely
« Last Edit: February 09, 2021, 11:12:51 PM by mal »

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2021, 12:42:31 AM »
So I am following this thread in anticipation for either new developments or rider opinions. My thoughts at the moment are unless someone can put out a tire that is either lighter than the Ares or has a better rolling profile/sidewall, it will be very hard to switch off of Ares Kevlar. Those tires are king in my book and aside from a few reliability issues (like blowing off the rim), why would anyone take a gamble on either these Eclat or Heresy? I love heresy as a brand and have mad respect for Eclat, but am not sure that I’m thirsting to try their new tires. Perhaps if they get a team going or some sponsored riders to rep the tires ???
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2021, 01:26:11 AM »
So I am following this thread in anticipation for either new developments or rider opinions. My thoughts at the moment are unless someone can put out a tire that is either lighter than the Ares or has a better rolling profile/sidewall, it will be very hard to switch off of Ares Kevlar. Those tires are king in my book and aside from a few reliability issues (like blowing off the rim), why would anyone take a gamble on either these Eclat or Heresy? I love heresy as a brand and have mad respect for Eclat, but am not sure that I’m thirsting to try their new tires. Perhaps if they get a team going or some sponsored riders to rep the tires ???
Yeah my thought when I saw this was " why should I choose this  tire over an Ares kevlar" ?

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2021, 02:42:19 AM »
I tried the Heresy ones after a year with the Ares and i like them very much.My only concern is if they will last as long.If they do they are my main tire.So far i like them more than the Ares.I m not a Heresy fanboy in any way,i ve done some bad reviews about some of their products as i have tried a lot of them (and i really have respect for them for designing original flat specific products in these hard times for flatland,i know how hard it is to design a new part and not just rebrand a generic Taiwanese oem one).
The Heresy tire is top,so are the Heresy Arrow pedals,beasts.Also the 0/15 offset fork,great for someone who wants to try both geometries without buying 2 forks.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 02:44:35 AM by mal »

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 04:40:35 AM »
I tried the Heresy ones after a year with the Ares and i like them very much.My only concern is if they will last as long.If they do they are my main tire.So far i like them more than the Ares.I m not a Heresy fanboy in any way,i ve done some bad reviews about some of their products as i have tried a lot of them (and i really have respect for them for designing original flat specific products in these hard times for flatland,i know how hard it is to design a new part and not just rebrand a generic Taiwanese oem one).
The Heresy tire is top,so are the Heresy Arrow pedals,beasts.Also the 0/15 offset fork,great for someone who wants to try both geometries without buying 2 forks.
What do you like about the heresy tires over the Ares?

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 09:12:32 AM »
What do you like about the heresy tires over the Ares?
I ve written a mini review if you search for Zephyr,but in a few words they are rounder and the threads give better grip for your shoe.Also the price.