Author Topic: Energy/Stamina  (Read 9642 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
Re: Energy/Stamina
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2021, 01:58:10 AM »
The last few days I've been experimenting with having two riding sessions everyday instead of just one, one in the morning after waking and another in the afternoon before it gets dark. This seems to be helping, I feel more energetic and seem to have better focus. Not just when on my bike but also all throughout the day.

I think part of the problem was that I was spending too much of the day inactive; I'm either sitting for long periods at my desk when working or laying around too much when on my phone during my free time. So having two sessions throughout the day seems to be helping me since I'm being active more spread throughout the day instead of one burst of exercise followed by inactivity for the rest of the day.

I'm gonna  try to keep this up for a couple of weeks and see if it lasts, hopefully the results stay and not just a short term fluke.

I also need to find some new music, I don't always listen to music when I ride but it does help my motivation and concentration sometimes. Unfortunately I have listened to all my music too many times, need something fresh.

Offline anthony

• Backpacker
  • You live for something or die for nothing....
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2021, 02:12:04 AM »
A very beautiful bike! The tan wall tires fit very well.

Thanks! I wasn't sold on the tan walls at first, then I put them on and it totally completed the look. It actually makes the bike look visually lighter too. Love them.

I have mines waiting, as soon my current tires wears out Ill use them...

Offline Yoda

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2021, 03:03:34 AM »
I can relate also.  I'm 48, and I can go hard for about 3o minutes, and then it seems like every four or five tricks I do after that I have to sit there for about a minute or so to re-energize, and then I can do another four or five, rinse and repeat.  I don't compare my old days in the mid 80s where I would be out all day in the summer from 9am to like 11pm, and still not be tired, but I appreciate that I can ride for about two good hours before I have to call it a day of "practicing".  I still ride for another hour or so just fooling around after that, so I'm quite happy.
If riding you stop, die you will.  It's not how hard the tricks are, it's how you make them look that counts.