Author Topic: 2021 WTP Utopia frame  (Read 13247 times)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: 2021 WTP Utopia frame
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2021, 09:11:03 PM »
The Asian market always gets hold of the first production, I just checked a Japanese shop and they have had them for a month already. I also seen that @julienbmx is already riding a production frame.

Oh so should be quite soon then that they are worldwide. We don't yet have specs on the black flatland version tho do we?
WTP hasn't updated the site yet, but these are the specs from a japanese shop;

Length: 19″

Head Tube: 75

Seat Tube: 71
 Chain Stay: 12.4″-13.2"
 Stand over: 6.2"
 BB: spanish
 14mm Drop-Outs(6mm Thick 3/8"アダプター付属)
 Integrated Cain Tensioners
 Weight :1935g

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2021, 09:13:13 PM »
Are you asking about the the version with the bent down tube? I think they are calling that one just "Utopia" whereas the longer one with straight tubes is called the "Utopia hybrid"? Not sure.

That's right, the "street" style is the Hybrid.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2021, 03:22:53 AM »
I was going to wait until flatlandfuel or flat society got stock of the 2021 utopia hybrid before I ordered one, as I prefer to support our domestic flatland companies whenever possible, but I admit to getting too impatient... so I went ahead today and ordered one from kunst form . Hopefully they actually have it in stock as their website suggests and that delivery doesn't take too long.

I went with the 20.5" TT. Had a really hard time deciding between black or translucent purple but decided on black in the end. I'm excited, I love getting a new frame and this one is as close as I've been able to find to what I've discovered is my ideal geometry.

Edit: oh sweet I got a shipping notification already, I assumed it would take them a couple of days to get it out not ~16 hours. Now begins the long wait. Apologies for being annoying, just excited!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 05:47:41 PM by aliasdck »

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2021, 12:13:23 AM »
I curious how it will turn out for you!
By the way: I assume it has a Mid BB, right? I prefer spanish, but this is so rare today that I would be surprised if the would use it.
It is really a pity that WTP doesn't even have this stuff on their site. This tells me that they consider the flatland family to be so small that it is not even worth to advertise flatland specific products. Another example: Did you try to find the F-Zero fork on the Odyssey site? At least it is not listet under forks... As if this would be kind of underground stuff for a dozen of people in the world... This is how far we are now.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2021, 02:36:24 AM »
Yea it's unfortunate we just aren't important enough. I've been checking wtp website all the time too, but disappointment.

Yes the Utopia hybrid uses mid bb as far as the specs I've found

Offline razorlab

• Forkglider
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2021, 03:56:34 PM »
I was hoping the hybrid came in a 19 or 19.5". I'll keep my Bastille a little longer...

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2021, 04:38:09 PM »
Yea it's unfortunate we just aren't important enough. I've been checking wtp website all the time too, but disappointment.

I think they just haven't updated the site yet.

Offline 1

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2021, 09:08:40 PM »
Typical flatland marketing FAIL....it's been this way forever.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2021, 12:29:47 AM »

I think they just haven't updated the site yet.

I you're right, I don't believe they've updated their site for any of their new products. But daddycool does have a point with us being kinda ignored too. I'm glad though that wtp seems to be getting back into flatland, my last three frames (besides a short while on a DK phase) have all been wtp and I love these frames.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2021, 12:43:00 AM »
Well they are promoting it a lot on instagram and facebook.

They might be waiting for all products to be available worldwide to update the site.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2021, 12:53:29 AM »
Lol I'm sorry I never go on Facebook or Instagram so I didn't know. I should probably take a look at the whole picture next time before drawing conclusions about it. I'm really glad to hear about this promotion you're talking about, I think I'm liking wtp more and more.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2021, 01:28:14 AM »
Lol I'm sorry I never go on Facebook or Instagram so I didn't know. I should probably take a look at the whole picture next time before drawing conclusions about it. I'm really glad to hear about this promotion you're talking about, I think I'm liking wtp more and more.
I'd highly recommend instagram. So many great flatlanders to follow for clips on there...

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2021, 01:59:53 AM »
I'm been meaning to and will finally, just hard to find more then a few seconds of free time here and there lately. March has probably been one of the busiest months I've had in a long time. Fortunately April and may will be much slower, lots of time for riding and browsing Instagram 😉

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2021, 02:25:21 AM »
I'm been meaning to and will finally, just hard to find more then a few seconds of free time here and there lately. March has probably been one of the busiest months I've had in a long time. Fortunately April and may will be much slower, lots of time for riding and browsing Instagram 😉
If you have kids I can imagine time is in short supply. instagram has become my favorite app due to the rider videos. If anyone knows how to view any of the clips in slow mo let me know!

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2021, 01:05:49 PM »

here is there latest post:

Quote from: wethepeoplebmx
We’re stoked to have Wethepeople OG and Flatland legend @franklukas onboard one of our new 2021 #UTOPIA frames. Frank’s been killing it for so long now and seeing him shred his hometown spot will never get old for us 🖤

go check out a small clip:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CNFpqtQHqgD/