Author Topic: Riding on uneven or sloped ground? Does this effect all tricks? Anyone ride on s  (Read 3425 times)

Offline JamieRomoser

• Forkglider
Riding on uneven or sloped ground? Does this effect all tricks? Anyone ride on stuff like this?

So I’ve been riding in front of my house and for some reason the street slightly slopes down on both sides and raises slightly in the middle?

I’m wondering if this is effecting my rolling tricks because my tires would be feeljng alittle more resistance is I turn on any of these slopes just a little bit?

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
Yeah it will affect your riding but if you start from the same spot every time you will mitigate the disadvantage from riding on sloped ground and even get used to it. Kind of annoying tho when both sides are sloped!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline mal

• Hitchhiker
its not ideal but you can learn rolling tricks that go in a straight line easier because you won't need much speed.For tight circle tricks its not ideal.
its a big luxury to find a perfectly leveled spot!

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
Riding on uneven or sloped ground? Does this effect all tricks? Anyone ride on stuff like this?

So I’ve been riding in front of my house and for some reason the street slightly slopes down on both sides and raises slightly in the middle?

I’m wondering if this is effecting my rolling tricks because my tires would be feeljng alittle more resistance is I turn on any of these slopes just a little bit?
Both my garage and my yard are sloped . I use both the incline and the decline , neither of which are drastic and find my riding is improving despite the imperfect riding conditions.

Offline ollie

• Backpacker
For me its incredibly difficult to do rolling tricks on the on these "house roof" shape of roads. Anything beyond a pegwheelie or a hang5 is an instant fail. Just whiplashes turn from a warm up trick into a 2 hour challenge.

When rolling straight, doing more difficult stuff, the wheel moves slightly left and right, this will result in immediate acceleration to the side of the road or deceleration when the tire would come back up to the straight line, stopping you in your tracks.

So your suspicion is confirmed, but you try it and will feel the same immediately. If you just started riding and the spot is conveniently close, you may choose to ride there to learn some basics, but strongly recommend to switch to a proper spot often to recognize when your street road halts your progression.

Offline Sensei

I live in the mountains, there are very few places that are dead flat as we get a lot of rain too, so even parking lots are sloped (That's probably normal).  Tennis courts are game, but I'm too nice to ignore the "no bikes" signs on some of them...