Author Topic: What trick are you working on?  (Read 6633 times)

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
Re: What trick are you working on?
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2020, 11:02:53 PM »
Anybody know the name of the trick/position I was talking about in the last post? Here is a photo incase you don't want to click the YouTube link I posted:

Just like in the photo. I'm rolling forward and in a circle. Been working on it now for a couple weeks, just not sure what to call it?

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2020, 11:52:35 PM »

^^ frontyard

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 12:18:43 AM »
Ok thank you. I figured that it might be called a front yard as well. For me, front yard means when the standing leg is behind the bars and the balancing leg is in front scuffing like this:

In the version I'm working on, both legs are in front of the bars and no scuffing of the tire just rolling forward in a gradual circle. I thought maybe this version I'm working on has a different name but front yard fits 👍

It has been a long time since I ride with another person, so I tend to forget the names of tricks.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2020, 12:22:57 AM by aliasdck »

Offline Revig

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 12:43:18 AM »

humm that Kun's pic you show is the frontyard actually
I would call what you do also a frontyard though

regarding tricks, bible is here: http://www.23mag.com/tricks/flat.htm

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2020, 12:58:24 AM »
Oh that's nice. I'm gonna have to spend some time reading through that, thank you.

Offline Sensei

« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2020, 07:40:54 AM »
A tail whip.  Brand new to Flatland and been wanting to do one since I was 10 (cough that's 25 years ago).
I nearly have it, but for some reason I get stuck on what to do with my feet when I catch the frame with my left foot and lose my balance. >:(

Offline bikeh11

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2020, 11:47:56 AM »
Hi!

Its so good to have someone to talk about the tricks, since I didn't know a lot of people who ist doing flatland. Since Im new I am learning some beginner tricks. I am working on Bar Turn, X-Up and Tabletop. It ist really fun and every day I am learning a little bit more. Also I wanted to thank all of you for the great tipps for the stands.

good luck for you guys :)

Offline rpl3000

« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2020, 07:17:58 PM »
I am working on tailwhips, rear peg wheelies, fork glides and trackstands.

Found a used library copy of Ground Rules on ebay and watch it pretty regularly.

I have landed two tailwhips so far and the peg wheelies are getting better too. I can do them much better at speed. I can roll backwards in the fork glide, but cant get in or out of it.

Oh I can also rock walk one direction. trying to tighten up those so I can snap them around quick.

Offline i love sharin foo

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 02:09:48 AM »
Right now, I am mainly working on backwards steamrollers.

I'm also starting to get my bearings with peg wheelies using my left foot. For some reason, I use my left leg for most things, but when I first learned peg wheelies, it was way easier with my right. I think it was more to do with my left arm strength than anything. But now that I have them down with the right foot, I'm onto the left. Getting better at spinning them in a  circle using the right foot, too.

Nothing too hard or exciting, but I am pretty proud of what I have so far.

Offline i love sharin foo

« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2020, 10:12:36 PM »
After getting a bit of practice rolling steamrollers backwards, I've been trying to roll into a fork glide, then transition into a FORWARD steamroller. I use my left foot on the left front peg and am holding the seat with my right hand. It seems like most people I've seen in videos do it what i believe is switch handed with left foot on the peg and left hand on the seat. At this stage, I really don't know what way might be easier or more beneficial to know in the future. Would anybody like to weigh in on that? I would appreciate any tips on the transition from fork glide into the forward steamroller, too. Still not quite sure if I should be trying it all as one motion or more like fork glide THEN grab the seat and flip into the steamroller.