Author Topic: I built my first bike!  (Read 5140 times)

Offline Zig

I built my first bike!
« on: September 18, 2020, 11:46:56 PM »
Here it is.

Offline ImUlllNosFides

• Forkglider
Re: I built my first bike!
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 11:51:10 PM »
Congrats!

Offline Zig

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 11:56:43 PM »
Thank you

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 12:51:35 AM »
I really like the look of those BSD frames, especially in that color. Very nice 👍

I'd get one myself, especially since I like the longer Top Tube length of 20.3 but the no back brakes is kinda a deal breaker for me.

Anyways, very nice setup!

Offline BitShack

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2020, 02:20:55 AM »
Good job man! Building your first bike can be a long and winded road, but once you get past all the hurdles and have your bike done, you will feel very attached to it. Congrats!

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2020, 02:26:59 AM »
Good job man! Building your first bike can be a long and winded road, but once you get past all the hurdles and have your bike done, you will feel very attached to it. Congrats!

Totally, not to mention all the skills and know-how you collect along the way. Comes in handy when it's time to work on or repair your bike.

Offline Flatism®

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 08:54:58 AM »
Tidy!
Enjoy the riding.
Flat-ism

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 07:53:27 PM »

Totally, not to mention all the skills and know-how you collect along the way. Comes in handy when it's time to work on or repair your bike.
Not to mention there are plenty of "professional" mechanics who don't know much about bmx bikes and can actually screw up your ride...

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 07:59:56 PM »
That's a good point, most of the shops around here employ mostly young guys that often don't seem to take their job very seriously. The older men working there, who have more experience, usually end up managing and not working on the bikes anymore. Plus, the shops around here seem to work on and sell mountain/road bikes like 95% of the time... so yea, I worry they dont always have the specifics of bmx bikes down. For these reasons, and more, I've always worked on my bike instead of having the shops do it. Plus it's a point of pride and "feels good man" to maintain your own stuff.

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2020, 05:41:25 AM »
That's a good point, most of the shops around here employ mostly young guys that often don't seem to take their job very seriously. The older men working there, who have more experience, usually end up managing and not working on the bikes anymore. Plus, the shops around here seem to work on and sell mountain/road bikes like 95% of the time... so yea, I worry they dont always have the specifics of bmx bikes down. For these reasons, and more, I've always worked on my bike instead of having the shops do it. Plus it's a point of pride and "feels good man" to maintain your own stuff.
Definitely!

Offline bikeh11

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2020, 06:43:38 PM »
Hey :) You did pretty good job  B)
Reminds me of my BMX ( something like this : https://www.fahrradbook.de/bmx-test/)
 :beer:

Offline Zig

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2020, 08:49:51 PM »
Thanks all 👍

Offline Bone

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2021, 04:13:45 AM »
This setup looks crazy light …