Author Topic: Budget Custom on a Far East Turbo  (Read 3609 times)

Offline Prey4whirldpeas

Budget Custom on a Far East Turbo
« on: August 16, 2020, 09:34:53 PM »
Greetings!

First off, huge thanks to everyone who reached out and helped me with this. If it wasn't for this forum, I don't think I'd be out riding today. Your guys' generosity got me up and riding quick, allowing me to put together a gorgeous bike and even have a few spare parts. I'll be sure to drop some excellent reviews for everyone I did business with next. I apologize for slackin as I haven't been on in a long minute.

Seeing as how there are so few complete options, I decided to try and build a bike on roughly a $600 budget using mostly used parts. Having no experience in BMX and no parts to start, I figured it would be a stretch. I came out a bit over budget but I can tell you it's totally doable.

Anyways, I'm very happy with the end result! Still a work in progress but I've been out riding for a couple weeks now. Sorry for the sh*tty pics, it's all I could get at the moment.

So, without further ado...

FEC Turbo Frame 18.8"TT~ 2019
We Bicycles bars 8.5" (I think)
Oddyessy grips w/titanium bar ends
Oddyessy F set front brakes (not on yet)
Fkybikes 45mm stem
Verde Regent 10 headset
Oddyessy Flatware zero offset fork
Infinity pivotal seat
KHE Giesha freecoaster & front hub
Alex Y303 rims wrapped in Oddyessy Freq-G 1.75's
KMC z410 gold chain
Animal 22t sprocket
Oydessy Cranks
Quest pegs

Bars and fork were sanded, painted and clear coated to match. Headset, chain, post and brake lever came from FF store. Everything else I picked up from the community here.

I've seen others like myself inquire on here about building and I'd love to pay it forward so if you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask. Happy riding guys!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2020, 10:26:11 PM by Prey4whirldpeas »

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
Re: Budget Custom on a Far East Turbo
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 12:15:04 AM »
Greetings!

First off, huge thanks to everyone who reached out and helped me with this. If it wasn't for this forum, I don't think I'd be out riding today. Your guys' generosity got me up and riding quick, allowing me to put together a gorgeous bike and even have a few spare parts. I'll be sure to drop some excellent reviews for everyone I did business with next. I apologize for slackin as I haven't been on in a long minute.

Seeing as how there are so few complete options, I decided to try and build a bike on roughly a $600 budget using mostly used parts. Having no experience in BMX and no parts to start, I figured it would be a stretch. I came out a bit over budget but I can tell you it's totally doable.

Anyways, I'm very happy with the end result! Still a work in progress but I've been out riding for a couple weeks now. Sorry for the sh*tty pics, it's all I could get at the moment.

So, without further ado...

FEC Turbo Frame 18.8"TT~ 2019
We Bicycles bars 8.5" (I think)
Oddyessy grips w/titanium bar ends
Oddyessy F set front brakes (not on yet)
Fkybikes 45mm stem
Verde Regent 10 headset
Oddyessy Flatware zero offset fork
Infinity pivotal seat
KHE Giesha freecoaster & front hub
Alex Y303 rims wrapped in Oddyessy Freq-G 1.75's
KMC z410 gold chain
Animal 22t sprocket
Oydessy Cranks
Quest pegs

Bars and fork were sanded, painted and clear coated to match. Headset, chain, post and brake lever came from FF store. Everything else I picked up from the community here.

I've seen others like myself inquire on here about building and I'd love to pay it forward so if you've got any questions don't hesitate to ask. Happy riding guys!
Alot of quality and looks very nice. I imagine it weighs under 20 lbs?

Offline Prey4whirldpeas

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2020, 04:12:36 AM »
Hey thanks a bunch and I still need to weigh it, been meaning to out of curiosity. I bet it's close to 20 though

Offline Mambocowboy

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2020, 04:16:43 AM »
Hey thanks a bunch and I still need to weigh it, been meaning to out of curiosity. I bet it's close to 20 though
Turbo frame is very light.