Author Topic: St Martin Hollow Flat question  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Feeble

Re: St Martin Hollow Flat question
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2020, 11:49:12 AM »
I stripped it down this morning. The thread on the chainwheel is indeed damaged, so I will have to order a new one at the very least. I am not that impressed with the thread on the crank arm in general though as even the locknut is quite a baggy fit, even on the pristine top of the threaded part... Also, it seems to be another mission to find the appropriate 24t sprocket here in the UK.

Am I better off just buying a new crank? I think the 24t St Martin chainwheel has been discontinued...  >:(

Offline Hugo @ Portugal

• GF Inhabitant
    • FlatlandPT
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2020, 12:35:52 PM »
Flatland specific parts have very limited availability, usually they are few years on the market and the brands seem to discontinue production very fast, it's a niche market.

Finding a sprocket for that cranksets won't be easy, if you're in the USA try Bmxmuseum website sales section, they usually have pretty unique stuff their.

Summing it up, yeah you are better of selling that cranksets yo someone who needs it for a new school build and get a good old classic bolt drive of spline drive cranksets with an axle that fits EuroBB.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2020, 12:50:33 PM by Hugo @ Portugal »

Offline Feeble

« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2020, 12:49:22 PM »
Thanks my man. Sadly I thought as much! But at least that should be quicker than sorting out the existing crank, though not cheaper! Lol. I'll get something ordered up!  O0