Author Topic: Mission Brake Levers  (Read 3381 times)

Offline jlw515

Mission Brake Levers
« on: April 21, 2020, 10:39:38 PM »
Is anyone on here running the new Mission brake levers? I’m wondering how stiff they are. I’m currently running some old Dia-Tech Tech 99 levers and they have a lot of flex. Wanting to upgrade and these are a great price. Your thoughts?

Jason

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: Mission Brake Levers
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2020, 11:36:58 PM »
Hi Jason, welcome to GF!
I personally did not try them. I would say they look quite good. For that price I would not expect the best material and best stiffness on the other hand.
If the clamping area is too narrow the flex increases, but I think it is ok here.
For this price you can just try it...

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2020, 11:35:44 AM »
I havent used those Mission, but looking at them they seem to be exactly the same as Tektro levers and they really suck.

If you want the ultimate lever, Fly has re-released there CNC levers which are really good, but not that cheap of couse.

http://www.global-flat.com/parts/part/2164

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2020, 04:40:52 PM »
Hi out~riding, what was your problem with the Tektro lever? I think they do not look 100 % like the Mission ones.
The Flybikes ones are good for sure. I used the old version. But here and there I step onto the grip/lever when failing on hitchhikers and I broke many levers like this. And then the Flybikes ones are just too expensive... Currently I am trying Promax levers. So far so good and cheap.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 04:48:27 PM »
Hi out~riding, what was your problem with the Tektro lever? I think they do not look 100 % like the Mission ones.
The Flybikes ones are good for sure. I used the old version. But here and there I step onto the grip/lever when failing on hitchhikers and I broke many levers like this. And then the Flybikes ones are just too expensive... Currently I am trying Promax levers. So far so good and cheap.

They just have a tremendous amount of wiggle and the barrel threads stripped out.

You can always use stainless steel barends / gripstops-hitchhicker rings to avoid destroying grips and levers.
It's true that FLY are expensive. I would go with Dia-compe or Odyssey for the best quality/price.
I also have some Eclat levers that seem really good quality but I haven't used them yet.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2020, 11:36:07 PM »
I think this was misunderstanding. I broke the lever because I stepped onto it. This can not be prevented by steel barends...

Offline smsabb

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2021, 06:25:15 PM »
Just get some tech 77 levers or odyssey levers

Offline mtbmonkey

• Forkglider
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 02:28:55 AM »
Tried and true Tech 77's or the Odyssey Lever are my choices.  The Mission Lever looks generic and low quality.  If that's what you want and can afford, ride it.  You may find out something that we don't know.