Author Topic: Riding in the living room.....  (Read 5597 times)

Offline Xanadu13xx

• Funky Chicken
Riding in the living room.....
« on: September 20, 2007, 06:51:19 AM »
So.... Yea does anyone else ride in the living room or any room in the house? (garage doesn't count) I've been a bmx'er for a while, but am fairly new to real flatland. I live in a shady close to campus apartment, so I prefer not to get out in my parking lot at night, but my living room is open enough to practice fork glides and trackstands lol.

So yea... anyone else get bored at night, and practice in their house? I've found it's nice for a few reasons:
1) AC all the time  ^_^
2) whatever music i want without headphones
3) i can have ground rules actually playing on a screen larger than my ipod while I am trying tricks  :wacko:
4) when I endlessly try a trick (you know for 2 seconds at a time) I'm not distracted by the people driving in the parking lot going "what the f*ck is that kid doing?"
5) oh and last but not least. Snacks and beer, no public intox when you are chillin in the living room with an empty 6 pack, eating some kashi bars  :ph34r:

Offline lJohnnyTheFoxl

• Cliffhanger
Re: Riding in the living room.....
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 07:09:13 AM »
I'd have to move too much **** to bother riding in the livin room.

and lord have mercy I'd love to see anyone down a 6er and ride decently... 6 beers ain't sh!t but flat takes every little neuron of focus.

and fvck riding with an iPod, I'm gonna go back to my breakdancing days and bring a boom box to my spot. OLD SKULE it
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 07:13:11 AM by lJohnnyTheFoxl »

Offline Xanadu13xx

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 07:15:23 AM »
I'd have to move too much **** to bother riding in the livin room.

and lord have mercy I'd love to see anyone down a 6er and ride decently... 6 beers ain't sh!t but flat takes every little neuron of focus.

Heh yea, I live in a larger than average 1 bedroom apartment, and being a dude I don't really want alot of BS in my place. And yes, the balance on the forkglides does get shaky after 6 Kostritsers lol, but hey we're just here to have fun right  ^_^ And I've totally seen videos of people riding flat piss drunk, and they can do some stuff lol

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 08:39:29 AM »
4) when I endlessly try a trick (you know for 2 seconds at a time) I'm not distracted by the people driving in the parking lot going "what the **** is that kid doing?"

hahaha, thats what I hate most about flatland
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 09:02:02 AM »
roman shavelli ( sorry roman , if i spelled your name wrong!)rides in his !
i dont know who you are- but if you are not roman , then  you are not alone

Offline Revan23

• Cliffhanger
  • stop raining!!!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 01:15:19 PM »
tried it once years ago but took a pretty nasty chunk out of the floor with the one of the pegs.... 

Offline Mike Dood

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 01:42:12 PM »
This is where I ride in winter when it snows and when it rains... it's MY house so I can do that now mom! lol

Offline laame

• Hitchhiker
  • disbalanced
    • laame.info
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 01:45:51 PM »
I'm riding in a room for few days becouse it's raining all the time. So i guess i'll be riding there till spring saves me from wintrer boredom!
There is video of my friend and me riding inside.
Small | Large

Video realy sucks becouse i can't do any trick if i know i'm being filmd, but i suck even without it:D

Now i'm wondering wich tricks should i learn in suck a small place, any sugestions?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 01:51:37 PM by laame »
Life in Motion

Offline Gensanity

• GF Inhabitant
  • ....enjoy....
    • My Art For Free & For Sale
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 02:46:21 PM »
after we move our new place will have hardwood floors in the living room.

a 2 car garage I'm sure I will be using more often then the living room, but most importantly, a covered Full court BBall court in our neighborhood, as well as a double tennis court right next to it.

And even with all that there's one more place, at the top of our Clubhouse that is reserved for arobics and stuff.  Its a large ciruclar room, hard wood floors, surrounded by windows..

http://www.savannahdfw.com/

I seriously cannot wait.  RIDING SPOTS GALORE!  I will actually be able to ride at night again!

Offline Davadav

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 02:50:47 PM »
Small | Large

Prasheel

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 03:06:11 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2w3My8B1Ew

Dude, that switch is serious.  I tried it a couple times, but had trouble clearing my left foot.  Props to you.

Offline Moya-1

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 03:38:51 PM »
Small | Large

friend of mine :ph34r:

Offline Revan23

• Cliffhanger
  • stop raining!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 04:51:19 PM »
nice floor dude,  watch out for those pegs..... :P

Offline blind

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 05:36:15 PM »
This is where I ride in winter when it snows and when it rains... it's MY house so I can do that now mom! lol

u should take the stairs out and put a ladder then u would have more room to ride :)
but naw my loft is to small to ride in.

Offline Xanadu13xx

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 05:42:42 PM »
Lol didn't think this would start this kind of following  ;D And that community you are moving to Gensanity, is freakin crazy looking!! Noticed the note at the bottom "Starting in the 140's"...... Man I wish property around here was like that. My sister just bought a regular 3 bedroom 2 bath here for 170,000. A house in that community would prolly start at like 300,000 here.... love inflation due to rising population  :huh: