Author Topic: New Member Approval  (Read 63390 times)

Offline v1rotate

New Member Approval
« on: September 23, 2019, 12:03:57 PM »
A friend of mine just registered but hasn't had his account approved.  His username is FLATITUDE.
Could you check on his approval please.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
Re: New Member Approval
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2019, 11:08:27 AM »
Sorry for missing this, just found him and approved his account...

Let me know if he has any issues.

Cheers

Offline FLATITUDE

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 11:12:38 PM »
Sorry for missing this, just found him and approved his account...

Let me know if he has any issues.

Cheers

Much appreciated, I guess the scene is a bit dead globally, but not out!
Spring has just kicked in here.

Sorry I’m so late in registering, just didn’t make time over the years to connect with the world.

I’m a rider not a bike collector, I am after certain parts for my bikes but also willing to trade, or sell.

I’m from the Melbourne Victoria Australia scene, the guys call it Melbourne flatland scene.
My comp and jam name is FLATITUDE, I plan on holding backyard jam’s, I no longer class FLATITUDE as a competition name, I feel competitions arnt what flatland needs. A jam with marquees bbq, music and a good surface makes better times.

I’ve been getting this ready for a while now, hopefully I can get the floor ready soon so we can enjoy summer jams.

I know I talk a lot but I feel in order to help the scene we all need to make more of an effort, and I’m not blaming anyone for what’s happening to flatland, I just think it’s time to make things better globally. Starting with your own backyard. If possible. Every rider from around the world is welcome here, just don’t be a hooligan, I have children. Have fun hope to get to know you guys a lot more.

Jimmy

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 11:15:46 PM »
Shame I'm in the UK I'd love to come session with you. The scene has always fluctuated over the years and always bounces back.

It's good to talk bro, if we dont talk then the forum dies... welcome aboard!

Ride on!

Offline Voodoo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2019, 01:37:50 AM »

My friend John and I have been basically sharing an account to be here for years.
I have been trying to join Global-Flat since around 2015-2016. It is AWESOME to finally have my own account. THANK YOU for opening membership back up!
I don't miss old school technology one bit.
But old school style and art? We live in a world of a thousand one color decals. Old school aesthetics win a thousand times over.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2019, 09:07:54 AM »
No worries, I'm hoping I've solved the issue of spam accounts at least for now. I have to manually check every account that registers.

Offline Voodoo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 10:13:21 PM »

I had a forum of my own for a while...for Hondas.
Had the same issue. Eventually abandoned it because I didn't want to pay the extortionists
that much money to keep spam off my forum.
I don't miss old school technology one bit.
But old school style and art? We live in a world of a thousand one color decals. Old school aesthetics win a thousand times over.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 10:24:34 PM »
I have just set up a security question that is personal to us so the bots simply can't guess the answer.

So far so good not had a single spam account register since, so even if they do get it eventually are just change the question again.

;D

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2020, 08:25:29 AM »
Well it took them 5 months but it looks like a spam bot finally cracked the security question. Removed all the posts they made and deleted the account.

New security setup in place, should keep them away for another 5 months at least!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 08:41:00 AM by khe killah™ »

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2020, 05:09:17 PM »
Thanks for taking care of things around here Khe Killah, that bot made an obnoxious amount of the same post over and over again, lol. If it was a person I would have wanted to punch them in the face.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2020, 05:12:36 PM »
And i would have let you!!  Haha...

Not sure how he slipped past me, annoying cos i manually have to activate every new member. Anyway i have added more registration hurdles to overcome.

I do what i can to keep it all ticking over, im here every day doing bits in the background...

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2020, 05:14:45 PM »
If you ever see posts like that again, click the report to moderator button in the bottom right corner of the post and i will get a notification that i need to take action.

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2020, 06:09:50 PM »
Sure, will do

Offline aliasdck

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2020, 09:33:21 PM »
I want to go mutt but cannot go this time. Today is my sisters wedding. Maybe next time. Hope everybody has a good time there today.

Offline khe killah

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2020, 01:50:38 PM »
Just wanted to say that I'm still here, still have my account (obviously). I didn't know global closed registration for some time, but I do remember all those Chinese bots spamming the site like crazy.Back then it was Karl (Paradoxium) who had to deal with this stuff almost on his own.
 Glad that new people are able to register to help keep this site alive. On the flip side, it was guys like me who kept the site flourishing in the past.
So, when guys like me stop posting, and no one is really contributing anything, it'll start to go downhill which then leads to this site's death. And we must never allow this to happen.

Well that's a name i didn't expect to see back on the forum! How's it going Furball??

I agree about this place, its a shame its lots its mojo and all the members who posted silly stuff as well as serious stuff have left.
And as much as people like TJ Perry, byke etc were a pain they keep the boards ticking over.

Who's up for a pyramid? Hahaha...