Author Topic: Grip recommendations?  (Read 4066 times)

Offline thomas

• Hitchhiker
Grip recommendations?
« on: May 05, 2019, 07:42:56 AM »

I’ll be putting hitchhiker rings at the ends

I prefer grips that are not too tacky, no flange, dont feel like gel, a harder/firm feel.

Suggestions?

Offline Timmer74

• Hitchhiker
Re: Grip recommendations?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2019, 06:01:04 AM »
I really like the Federal Command grips. They're a bit bigger in diameter than most grips it seems. But I have kind of big hands and prefer that. I just switched mine out and it seems like it took maybe 2-3 sessions before they felt broke in (about an hour riding each session). After they're broken in they still are quite firm and (in my opinion) not too tacky. My last pair lasted me quite a long time too.

They're not super easy to find in the states. But, I just ordered them from here:

https://thesecretbmx.com/collections/grips/products/federal-command-fl-grips

Offline nosubsteve

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 08:34:13 AM »
Interested in this thread... I'm using cult/vans grips but sweat seems to pool in the holes and they get slippy real quick.

I've heard talk of hockey tape, tennis grip or road bike grip to combat slip, but not really sure where to start.

Offline Timmer74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 06:33:20 PM »
I did the wrap thing for some time. I either used tennis grip wrap or baseball bat grip wrap (lizard skins). I really liked the lizard skins. But, I was replacing it all the time and it's not super cheap (about $11US a grip). The tennis wrap worked pretty well for me. But, it starts to roll up in your hands (where you overlap it during application). It also starts to fall apart/shred after a few falls. The lizard skins definitely stood up better (for me) when the bike hit the ground.

I hadnt thought of hockey stick wrap! I may have to look into that now that warmer weather is approaching.

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2019, 09:51:12 PM »
the odyssey aaron ross v2 emoji grips are pretty swell

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 04:51:04 AM »
Anything with ODI compound. Speaking of I just Installed some Cult Sean Ricany grips tonight (the bars and stem are new too!)

6-D477-C46-F6-AC-4259-B1-B7-C4-AD5-B26123-D" border="0
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)

Offline nosubsteve

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 12:01:49 PM »
I may just have to accept my sweaty hands and wear gloves all the time.

These look pretty smart: