Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449386 times)

Offline rotary_phone_dialer

• Backpacker
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #630 on: November 06, 2007, 09:19:23 PM »
Skylar Guzman 22yrs old, been riding street and ramp for years, thats taken its toll on my body so i started flatlanding and am picking up stuff pretty quickly. I can do halflashes and whiplashes and am just working on the basics. Its fun as hell though.

Bike: Hoffman Momentum 2005 complete

I'm a website developer and musician when i'm not out riding

http://www.innertwineclothing.com - Flatland Team  - Jesse Puente, Pete Brandt, Trevlon Hall and Eric Wright

Offline Wouter van der Linde

• GF Inhabitant
    • Dutchflatland
« Reply #631 on: November 09, 2007, 07:39:11 PM »
Name: Wouter van der Linde
Riding since: 2007
Bike: All parts are from my old messerschmitt 04, but my frame is new, it is an Zion Luna 2007!
and trigoly sprocket, and few other things i have change.

I ride about 1 year, but with to many breaks.. so i ride in total a bit more than a half year!
I proggress slowly haha.
www.youtube.com/wouterthebmxer to see all my vids!

thnx.

Offline diagnosis

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #632 on: November 10, 2007, 04:04:56 PM »
My name is Graham Cassidy, 27 years old, and i live in Mississauga ON. Canada.   I started out racing when I was 8, which progressed into some street and flat.  Ended up selling most of my stuff 7 or so years ago, when I had built up an old 2-Hip stoutboy to mess around on.  I was never that great, but would spend hours messing around on it.

I finally caught the bug again, and am slowly building up a '06 Suelo   ;D

I can't wait to get it finished!

Offline BEGIN

• Forkglider
« Reply #633 on: November 10, 2007, 08:18:16 PM »
hi i am shaun just started riding i am 30
and i am from newcastle england
any tips for beginers let me know i need all the help i can  ^_^
$p!n

Offline polanco

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #634 on: November 12, 2007, 08:06:26 AM »
  Hi guys,

My name is Jose Polanco ,I am a flatland rider from Dominican republic(an island in the caribbean,next to puerto rico and Cuba).I am 34,and have been riding since 1984.I have never stopped,(although the adult lifestyle can get in the way of those latenight 8 hour sessions,so make the best use of your time,and master all those hard combos before it's too late!(lol).I also ride vert and dirt,but as a hobby,flat's where it's at.I am also part of a Hip-Hop collective called Alianza Meka,and am an MC,who tries to say something when given a mic.my native tongue(hint,hint)is spanish, so I'll have to post this twice,probably).I have two daughters,age 10 and 7,who actually like the music part of me a little more,guess shinscabs are not that attractive,bit we'll see.As you can notice,I am very communicative,and have no qualms in answering any questions or mail or whatever,I try to make time for that.I also collect old school bikes,so hit me with those forkstanders,will ya!(lol).I believe flatland is an artform,which,when taken too seriously uptight,will b removed from all traces of fun,so chill!!!!!!!!!!

Offline smiley (Roy)

• GF Inhabitant
    • myspace
« Reply #635 on: November 12, 2007, 09:41:22 AM »
  Hi guys,

My name is Jose Polanco ,I am a flatland rider from Dominican republic(an island in the caribbean,next to puerto rico and Cuba).I am 34,and have been riding since 1984.I have never stopped,(although the adult lifestyle can get in the way of those latenight 8 hour sessions,so make the best use of your time,and master all those hard combos before it's too late!(lol).I also ride vert and dirt,but as a hobby,flat's where it's at.I am also part of a Hip-Hop collective called Alianza Meka,and am an MC,who tries to say something when given a mic.my native tongue(hint,hint)is spanish, so I'll have to post this twice,probably).I have two daughters,age 10 and 7,who actually like the music part of me a little more,guess shinscabs are not that attractive,bit we'll see.As you can notice,I am very communicative,and have no qualms in answering any questions or mail or whatever,I try to make time for that.I also collect old school bikes,so hit me with those forkstanders,will ya!(lol).I believe flatland is an artform,which,when taken too seriously uptight,will b removed from all traces of fun,so chill!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Jose,
 I think I used to ride with you @ Mullaly late 80's early 90's my name is Roy deGuzman. That was so long ago I don't remember everybody's names anymore unless I rode with them on a regular basis. I was from Queens.
If you are for real, you probably spend enough time on your bike that there's no time left for talking sh*t on message boards.

Of course, if all you do is talk sh*t on message boards, you're probably not as good or as cool as you think you are.

-- McGoo

Offline mike

« Reply #636 on: November 13, 2007, 09:50:23 PM »
Name: Mike Lucas, mike fizz to anybody who knows me, or if you are from perth mike #3 (perth has alot of mike's)
riding since: long story, on and off since i was 14, recently had my bike stolen and only started building a new one a couple weeks ago.
Bike: Darwin frame with many random parts, no cranks or brakes (not as a fashion statement, more as a poverty statement)

A little about me:
-My two passions are music and riding flatland (with over analyzing life in general coming in a close third).
-I secretly aspire to be a writer, but cant stand to re-read anything i write.
-I am the most placid and passive person you will ever meet, except under 1 condition: loud noises when im trying to concentrate.
-I am the proudest 2%'er in the fighting aggie class of 2010.

Hopefully i will get to meet a bunch of my fellow texan riders as soon as i get my bike rolling!

with love,
-fizz

Offline Axlepeg

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #637 on: November 15, 2007, 06:07:23 AM »
Hi all,
Josh Marsele, 35.  Bristol, CT USA
High Voltage Linesman (IBEW 420)

Was 16-17X National champ for AFA Masters Series in 1989.  Went Pro in '90 for one comp, and basically 'retired' from the whole bike thing shortly thereafter.  Been a member over at Vintage BMX for a few years, but all of a sudden I'm itching to ride again, too. 
It's a great place for us old-timers to hang out and BS about the old times and "the way it was".  Building old bikes for nostalgia, etc.
I recently realized that I don't want to be done yet.  I've hashed over many cool memories I've got from riding, and I've got tons of them.
But I want more.  I'm here and I'm all about making some new ones.
I started to get the cobwebs out this summer doing fundamentals of flat on this 1983 Skyway TA (cue the laughtrack).  I've been laid-up recovering from surgery for a couple months and I've put some pegs and a Gyro on it for when I'm well enough...just to hold me over and ease back into it until I get something a tad bit "newer".  Sorry, no recent riding pix.
Hoping to make a few friends and contacts here so I can find some people to hang with when I start riding more.  Also to keep me motivated for all the riding I'm sure I'll be doing alone.  Trying to get 'connected'.

As this post in this thread is just to introduce myself and give some background, I'll post a few old pix of my former riding days for a chuckle.  From this point on, however, I'll be looking forward.

"Don't call it a comeback..."   -_-

« Last Edit: November 15, 2007, 06:12:19 AM by Axlepeg »

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
« Reply #638 on: November 15, 2007, 08:13:49 AM »
JOSH!!!! VBMX Brother.....Welcome to Global Flat!!! There is definatly alot of riding going on here!

Again....welcome welcome welcome!!!

Mark

Offline ASC

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #639 on: November 16, 2007, 04:27:43 AM »
Mark you are awesome...total solid vibes. You make everyone feel good in here.

Graham Cassidy, WHUT?!...Sauga Flatlanders...COOL! Rider welcome too. We/ASC are from Mississauga too. Take advantage of all the SK8 parks we got the city to allow bikes in. YEAH! Hope to see you at our Jam in Jan/08. You can also ride The Civic Sk8 Plaza behind the city hall....LAC underground parking lot is good for winter riding.

RIDE......RIDE......RIDE

Offline Yoda

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #640 on: November 17, 2007, 04:29:21 PM »
Name: Bob
Riding flatland since: 1986
Ride: Ares Choice
Likes: Variations and combos on front and back wheels (new and old skool stuff)
Dislikes: People who don't ride for fun, or don't want to help others learn new stuff
If riding you stop, die you will.  It's not how hard the tricks are, it's how you make them look that counts.

Offline neon

« Reply #641 on: November 20, 2007, 01:53:12 AM »
 :wacko:hi my name is bill but you can call me neon
came here for tips as well maybe a friend
i think it is cool to ride a bike like that .(it looks cool :mellow:)
neon

Offline TAKU

« Reply #642 on: November 20, 2007, 02:37:45 AM »
name: Takuji Kasahara
riding since: i dont really remember when it was. i guess it was about 10 years ago.
bike: sick child instrumental
you can see my old links from my youtube page
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=flattytaku

Offline Jeremy A.

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #643 on: November 21, 2007, 11:28:11 PM »
Name:  Jeremy
Riding since: A month ;D
Bike: 08 DK Signal
Why Riding: Flatland is the chillest sport ever,  and i love it.

Offline Crummie

« Reply #644 on: November 22, 2007, 08:24:51 PM »
Hey guys, how's it going?

I'm Ryan
I'm 18 years old
I've been riding for five years, but flatland for.... 2 weeks? Yeah about two weeks.
My bike is totally not built for flatland =(
I think it's a '03 Mirraflair by Haro.. I don't know, it's a piece..

But anyways, I'm here cause it's awesome to talk with people that love the same stuff as you. And I could totally use some tips....