Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449789 times)

Offline oldschoolfool

• Funky Chicken
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1260 on: May 02, 2011, 01:45:59 PM »
Name: Ryan

ALOHA everyone!!

I am stoked to be here....as you can see from my username I am new to the "new school" scene....the usual bikes I ride and do flatland on are freestyle bikes from 1985 to 1988. I have been riding flatland since 1985, rode everyday back in high school up till 1991, then got out of it, and was back on the scene in 2001. I was still riding old school bikes, had a 1987 GT Pro Freestyle Tour in dayglo pink, and a 1986 Redline RL20II in turqouise. So, as you can see I have a lot of catching up to do now that I have decided to jump to a new school ride.

I look forward to hangin' loose with you guys here!

Ryan

Offline Atwater

« Reply #1261 on: May 19, 2011, 09:25:58 AM »
Hi All,
Name: Atwater,
Riding: Since 1990,
Bike: Zion Luna.
Orem rec center
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 08:34:00 AM by Atwater »

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #1262 on: June 03, 2011, 04:16:50 PM »
Hi, I'm Nathan from Canberra, Australia. I'm 32, very keen to get back into riding again after about 7 years. Wish I didn't stop! Just resurrecting my micro machine now. Want to try and ride as much as I can again, it's encouraging to see there are quite a few 30+ year-old people on here. Gives me some hope that I'm still not to old!
Cheers! :crash:

I'm 41 and still ride, and will always ride.
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline morgan

• Team
  • Backpacker
  • Old fool on an old tool
« Reply #1263 on: June 03, 2011, 04:32:51 PM »
[/quote]

41 too, I second that Paul.... I might not get to ride everyday, but it's always going to be there!
More off than on, but still loving it! Flatland until you can't!

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #1264 on: June 03, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »

41 too, I second that Paul.... I might not get to ride everyday, but it's always going to be there!
[/quote]

I have been riding since the early 80s and have been hooked day one. Riding has been my peace when everything goes haywire in my life. I wouldn't or couldn't think of not riding. Its been that much of a part of my life, I love this Lifestyle because for me its much more than a sport. I have had some goodtimes and found alot of friends because of my bike.  I too do not get to ride as much, due to I'm a father and husband, but when I do ride its just like day one all over again.  So keep riding Morgan my friend and find your peace.
All things in life are temporary. If going well...enjoy it, they will not last forever. If going wrong don’t worry, they can't last long either.

Offline morgan

• Team
  • Backpacker
  • Old fool on an old tool
« Reply #1265 on: June 04, 2011, 11:14:11 AM »
Cheers Paul... I know what you mean about peace.  Flat gives me a complete escape from the pressures life can bring, just some time to focus on nothing but riding.  I was stoked last night 'cos I rode out of my first move ever last night... not bad after two years of practice!  What a great feeling, and I shared it with my grandson, who's also learning to ride too!
More off than on, but still loving it! Flatland until you can't!

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #1266 on: June 05, 2011, 05:52:53 AM »
Welcome back Nathan, ryan and atwater. You will find out very quickly that there are a lot of us that are...don't want to say old... Let's say "born a more comfortable distance from the apocalypse." It seems to me there are more of us still riding than new guys.

What got me over that last bit of weirdness was talking to Duncan Gore. He was saying that other guys play basket ball or baseball or throw a football at pic nics and get togethers (in nathans case I would guess a rugby ball or cricket). We ride bikes instead. What's the difference? Put my mind at ease for good.
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #1267 on: June 05, 2011, 07:35:58 AM »
Bob Walter, 38 yrs young, Orlando, FL USA
I have been riding bikes and doing tricks since 1985
super cool old school dude, who like to have a good time
currently on a Queman, still rockin' back brakes
first joker to pull a rolling decade off a jump,
I used to compete, but now really just slay tricks for fun,
know for giving the cool guy head nod, and saying RIDE ON RIDERS!

I remember that Rolaid.   You've been killin' it for a long time Bob!
"A puppet no more!"

Offline Jiekobu

• ~GEKIDOU~
    • My arts
« Reply #1268 on: June 13, 2011, 06:06:06 PM »
Yoroshiku!!

The name is Jacob Im 18 and im still a newb but i do alright I ride street /flat I like street cause i like hucking off and over stuff. Im learning flatland because it looks so good plus it gives me another way to ride seeing as how there are hella parking lots where i live

so see you around the forums I hope to learn alot during my stay

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #1269 on: June 13, 2011, 06:11:15 PM »
Yoroshiku!!

The name is Jacob Im 18 and im still a newb but i do alright I ride street /flat I like street cause i like hucking off and over stuff. Im learning flatland because it looks so good plus it gives me another way to ride seeing as how there are hella parking lots where i live

so see you around the forums I hope to learn alot during my stay

Keep with it and that gives you some tech street moves.

Offline Jiekobu

• ~GEKIDOU~
    • My arts
« Reply #1270 on: June 13, 2011, 06:14:08 PM »

Keep with it and that gives you some tech street moves.

Thanks dude I will

Offline datisstom

• Backpacker
« Reply #1271 on: June 13, 2011, 06:29:37 PM »
Hey Jiekobu, I know you from bmx-forum.  :beer:

Offline Jiekobu

• ~GEKIDOU~
    • My arts
« Reply #1272 on: June 13, 2011, 06:58:21 PM »
Hey Jiekobu, I know you from bmx-forum.  :beer:

Hey yea good ta see ya  bro

Offline Petr

« Reply #1273 on: June 13, 2011, 09:09:20 PM »
Nickname: Petr
Riding since: 1997 - 2000. Just started riding flat again (may 2011).
Bike: Dragonfly Uzi frame (2005), St. Martin Mikado fork, some bits and pieces...

Hope to meet some cool riders here from all over the world and share the love for flatland...

Just starting riding flat again and a lot has changed since the last time a sat on a flatland bike. When i was 17 i tried to figure out tricks by looking at VHS tapes and reading RideBMX. So for me it's a very welcome change to be able to check out how-to's on Utube and get tricktips on Flatland forums.

Ride on!

Petr.

Offline paulbrown692000

• GF Inhabitant
    • Revelation BMX
« Reply #1274 on: June 13, 2011, 09:38:46 PM »
Nickname: Petr
Riding since: 1997 - 2000. Just started riding flat again (may 2011).
Bike: Dragonfly Uzi frame (2005), St. Martin Mikado fork, some bits and pieces...

Hope to meet some cool riders here from all over the world and share the love for flatland...

Just starting riding flat again and a lot has changed since the last time a sat on a flatland bike. When i was 17 i tried to figure out tricks by looking at VHS tapes and reading RideBMX. So for me it's a very welcome change to be able to check out how-to's on Utube and get tricktips on Flatland forums.

Ride on!

Petr.
  welcome back to flatland Petr, good to have you back.