Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449576 times)

Offline h410G3n

• Funky Chicken
    • My band!
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1185 on: August 29, 2010, 02:54:34 AM »
Heya guys. So nice to finally get to join this forum!

Name: Kristian Aune
Riding since: 2006
Bike: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y293/Skogferd/1.jpg

Mainly playing in a band at the moment, some work here and there to keep the cat fed. Otherwise it's all friends and flatland, except I'll be stuck in my garage for the next six months because of the norwegian weather. Ground Rules here we come!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:17:06 AM by h410G3n »

Offline taifighter

« Reply #1186 on: September 08, 2010, 05:32:33 AM »
Hey, this is Tai

I grew up with a 20 in bike, got kind of serious when I was 16 (1996 with no internet...no magazines... no bike shop within an hours' drive time)

I had a mail order form from Dan's Comp when I ordered the KHE instructional video and a set of 4 pegs and a gyro cuz flat REALLY got my attention. I was determined to hook my bike up and learn how to spin a gerator on my back wheel.

Never happened.
I could never figure out what I was doing wrong.

I took a break for a few years. When I was 22 I bought an EP and built it up and really enjoyed the shortness and sharp angles of the frame and was amazed at the freecoaster.

Had to sell it a year later to pay rent. :(

Now, 8 years later, watching some flat on YouTube and finding this forum really got me thinking I can try to start again and hopefully learn a handful of tricks. I picked up a Haro Master M6 for $100. All it needs is a new set of bars that are a bit lower. Those are on the way :)

I hope I can use the trick tips and explanations on physics here to figure this sh*t out... it'd kinda be like a dream come true, if that doesn't sound too sappy.

*the one thing that frustrates me the most is controlling the frame when trying a halflash or fork glyde*    any tips?

In my other spare time, I sell cell phones for VZW.

I have a project car (heavily modified Audi TT).

I play bass in an outlaw cowboy band

...and I just graduated with an associate's in Computer Networking from ITT.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 05:43:11 AM by taifighter »

Offline rp-16v

« Reply #1187 on: September 10, 2010, 10:04:29 PM »
hi all names roger

from bristol,uk been riding different dicaplins of riding most of my life currently a x/c singlespeed rider had to sell up my park bike when little one arived but now im back in the bike trade and always taken a shine to flat but never really commited so going to give it a go and see how far i get,as for spelling as u can see i am not great so please bare with me.
thanks rp-16v

peace,love and jellybabies make the world a better place  ;D

Offline Kraytor

« Reply #1188 on: September 11, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »
hey whats up name is tim im from sandusky, ohio im pushing 32 y/o and i been reading this site for awhile and finally got down and joined it today. i started riding flat in 99 when i picked up a haro master frame and fork and did that for a couple years then i got married and some kids later and now i been really wanting to get back out there and ride again. im throwing my bike on a diet and i think im shaving off about 10 lbs just to give you an idea how heavy it was ill let ya know how it ends up with whats on it when it finally comes to.  :beer:

Offline wob61

« Reply #1189 on: September 12, 2010, 11:19:35 PM »
hi guys , my name is ferry aka wob61 ..iam from the netherlands. i have stopped riding my bmx in 1996. back then it was a mixture off street and flatland what i was into..
last year ive bought a mongoose villain model 1994  for my 7 year old son ,and my love was back for the 20inch bikes ..

now i own a mongoose roque and a KHe premium lagger for riding ..its good to be back
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 11:23:10 PM by wob61 »

Offline Sapience

« Reply #1190 on: September 14, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »
Aloha!
my name is Joey
i am 26 years old
from bigisland Hilo Hawaii USA
i have been bboyin for 14 years
was recently inspired by flatland.
my new hobby. :)
i want to learn everything!!
i have been riding for 3 days. lol
teach me all you know.
Aloha

Offline dcheney

• Forkglider
« Reply #1191 on: September 15, 2010, 05:26:43 AM »
Dan here, 33 year old from the Boston, MA area.

I rode freestyle from 11 yeas old to about 16.  I dabled in it from time to time in college and before I got married.  I never got very good or put a lot of time into it, but I always loved hopping in my bike.  It seemed like every time I got riding I only rode long enough to relearn the tricks I already knew.  Forever novice I guess.^_^

After marriage and two kids I pulled my old Dyno Slammer (thnk Trevor Meyer late 90's) out of the basement and started riding.  I was hooked again.  I recently sold it to a fellow member of BMXmuseum.com and grabbed a used fly micromachine.  I'm loving the new geometry and a freecoaster.  How did we all ride without a freecoaster back in the day!?  I don't think I could do brakeless...

I just pulled a new trick tonight.  I'm stoked to be acutally pushing forward. 

It's nice to be part of an online community with so many resources.

Offline EvilMr5

« Reply #1192 on: September 16, 2010, 05:19:49 AM »
hey im from seattle my name is scoey

Offline Jodanimal

• Forkglider
« Reply #1193 on: September 27, 2010, 09:18:25 PM »
hi all, my name is Jodan, from oklahoma city, usa, i rode for about 3 years when i was young just got back into it. about 1 week now, lol, i want to learn everything i can!

Offline trials Addict

« Reply #1194 on: September 27, 2010, 11:58:08 PM »
Hello Gents

Nickname: Benno
Name: Ben
Riding since: 2009
Bike: khe something!

Offline Adrian@brakeless.ch

• brakeless
« Reply #1195 on: October 04, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »
Hello

This is Adrian from brakeless.ch.
I am living in Switzerland, 32 years old and riding for 12 years.
I just launched the "brakeless" distribution this year.
We are an official distributor of Ares bikes. If you have any questions about Ares,
please let me know. If I don't know, I'll try to find out ;-).

Cheers
AD

Offline nekidfrog

« Reply #1196 on: October 05, 2010, 07:07:57 PM »
Hi!

Nickname: Dom
Name: Dominic
Riding since: 2 months ago....
Bike: some crap bike I bought on craigslist... but will be ordering a DK Opsis friday.

Saw a video of Simon O'Brien and needed a new aggressive sport to do. Figured this fit up my ally. I'm a complete n00b to bmx tho! Did alot of aggressive inline and some skateboarding but never BMX, definitly never flatland...

Offline Rich_aka_Wig

• tumblr
« Reply #1197 on: October 07, 2010, 12:37:07 AM »
25 from London (Limehouse), England.

I snowboard but first time with a BMX; been wanting to try for a number of years now and I've finally got round to taking the plunge!

Opsis costs too much to import over here so I've settled with a KHE A-Damn AM, which should be fine for now...

Offline find me

« Reply #1198 on: October 16, 2010, 02:08:26 AM »
Name: Alex Hovde
Riding since: 2009
Bike: Just a cheapy store bought haro.

I've been riding flatland for around a month and I would say I'm pretty decent for the piece of junk I ride on. I can do a couple small tricks, almost got mcircles down and I'm about half way through firehydrants. My goal for the end of this year is to be able to do 3 or 4 intermediate tricks. I might not be too actively posting on the forums but I stop in at least once a day to see what's going onn.

Offline 5hane 2.0

• Backpacker
  • 1yr. + riding
« Reply #1199 on: October 16, 2010, 08:37:18 PM »
Saw a video of Simon O'Brien and needed a new aggressive sport to do. Figured this fit up my ally. I'm a complete n00b to bmx tho!

With almost 8 MILLION! views I wonder how many people that video has inspired to get into flatland?  That was the second video I saw.  The first one was the "Axle Peg" video and that blew me away.  You can only imagine the expression on my face when I saw the Simon O'Brien video. 

Welcome to Flat  :beer:
"Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius