Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449526 times)

Offline flowish

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #960 on: July 02, 2009, 02:47:57 PM »
Name:dwayne
Bike:DB joker

Just starting  with a bike ,looking to MOD it (get the weight down ) .i`ve meeen watching a lot of videos and I want to push my rideing,plus i`m in the Gym to get myself together.

Offline Giles

« Reply #961 on: July 02, 2009, 07:55:26 PM »
Name: Giles Sowerby
Riding since: see below
Bike: Hitman Judas

I rode from training wheels until high school when I moved from Southern California to a small town(McKinney) North of Dallas Texas. In California I raced a few times at the Orange YMCA, did plenty of dirt jumping but mainly rode street. The move to McKinney effectively killed my riding because of the lack of street spots and no real scene to speak of (other than Joe and his sick dirt track). I moved to San Marcos, an hour South of Austin in 2000 and got back on the bike for that year as I discovered I could get around town faster on my bike than in my car. Another long break and I finally bought myself a flatland specific bike this year.
I was first exposed to flatland in person at Woodward and it has been my riding focus from that time on, however my bomb proof almost 40 lb S&M Dirtbike proved very difficult for me to balance on. Years nothing but drinking beer and playing disc golf haven't helped my fitness and I feel like I'm starting from scratch.

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #962 on: July 05, 2009, 08:10:23 PM »
Name: Giles Sowerby
Riding since: see below
Bike: Hitman Judas

I rode from training wheels until high school when I moved from Southern California to a small town(McKinney) North of Dallas Texas. In California I raced a few times at the Orange YMCA, did plenty of dirt jumping but mainly rode street. The move to McKinney effectively killed my riding because of the lack of street spots and no real scene to speak of (other than Joe and his sick dirt track). I moved to San Marcos, an hour South of Austin in 2000 and got back on the bike for that year as I discovered I could get around town faster on my bike than in my car. Another long break and I finally bought myself a flatland specific bike this year.
I was first exposed to flatland in person at Woodward and it has been my riding focus from that time on, however my bomb proof almost 40 lb S&M Dirtbike proved very difficult for me to balance on. Years nothing but drinking beer and playing disc golf haven't helped my fitness and I feel like I'm starting from scratch.

Giles...my name is Tod.  I live here in San Marcos.  Did you ever meet Chris Balles or David Weathersby?  Hey, we all ride at the Oltorf Garage in Austin on Saturdays if you ever feel like coming down.  There are guys up in Dallas/Ft Worth you can hook up and ride with too.  Hit me up in a PM if you care.
"A puppet no more!"

Offline EZ

EZ
« Reply #963 on: July 10, 2009, 01:30:28 AM »
yo! its the real EZ Chris keep it smooth. :ph34r: :beer:

Offline GRFN.FLAT.

• Deathtrucker
  • that's some scooby-snacks right thurr
Re: EZ
« Reply #964 on: July 10, 2009, 01:49:53 AM »

we already have an EZchris :P

----------------------

Name: Griffin
Years riding: <1 year
Setup: stock Haro F2 with MOB grip on pegs. as soon as i can get employed, i'm gonna start building a bike.

Offline raddad67 (Mark)

• GF Inhabitant
  • Keep on Riding!! wwww.bmxfreestyler.com
    • BMX Freestyler
Re: EZ
« Reply #965 on: July 10, 2009, 01:56:22 AM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uGXBL8K5ZM[/youtube]

Part of the O.G. ATX Crew

Keep on Riding!!

the beard

« Reply #966 on: July 10, 2009, 02:05:24 AM »
awesome, EZ.  :ph34r:

Offline renegadesoundsystem

« Reply #967 on: July 11, 2009, 10:12:17 PM »
Name: Joy
Bike: DK Signal

Offline trrubicon06

« Reply #968 on: July 15, 2009, 02:20:22 PM »
Name: Jason Fritz
Riding since: Rode a few years back, but had to get rid of bike. Starting back up again.
Bike: 2009 DK Opsis

Offline Antti

« Reply #969 on: July 20, 2009, 10:43:31 AM »
Name: Antti
Bike: Khe Militant Lt
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:52:23 PM by AJ »

Offline j37h307

« Reply #970 on: July 22, 2009, 06:32:41 AM »
Name: Joe
Bike: P.O.S haro f3... for now.
Riding since: about 3 years ago, but not consistantly. I'm looking to get a little bit more serious about the sport. I've been looking at a few forums, this one seems like the best. You all seem very helpful from what I've read.

Offline Bring The Lulz

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #971 on: July 24, 2009, 02:03:25 AM »
name:cairo
riding since:2008
bike: working on a custom build but for now im ridin a khe militant LT

Offline iluminati

• i like tanks!
« Reply #972 on: July 25, 2009, 02:10:57 AM »
Name: Edgars
Riding since: dont remember!
Bike: http://www.parbmx.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5604 yeah i know its not flat bike ;D

A was riding flat about 3 months, then got to the street/park riding! I registred here because of a online battles, and thinking about riding flat again. I am Ondos friend, so he can teach me some triks.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 02:17:19 AM by iluminati »

Offline Bradlandr74

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #973 on: July 25, 2009, 02:21:32 AM »
 ;D :beer:!!!EZ!!! :beer: ;D

Well Done Rad Dad

Regards,
Brad

Offline jcharles00

« Reply #974 on: July 28, 2009, 03:40:29 PM »
hi all -
My name is Jesse, I'm 31, in Lafayette, IN, USA and trying to learn some flatland. I used to ride bmx bikes a lot back in the day, and am just starting to get back into. flatland appeals to me for it's zen-like balance aspects.. and also i hope i'll be less prone to break myself than riding a bunch of street! lol.

i've pieced together an old dyno slammer for my flatland riding. just got it finished up last week. i have a copy of ground rules and have been lurking on here for a while. my first time out on the slammer, i didn't make much progress. i tried some fork glides and scuffing tricks, but my balance just isn't happening yet, so i ended up just doing endos for an hour. as a result of some serious soreness, i realized that i'm going to have to build up some of the muscles in my back and core to help with the balance.

If anyone has any recommended beginner moves to work on, or any tips for learning beginner moves, i'd love to hear em.