Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449674 times)

Offline J-Flat

Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1380 on: September 08, 2012, 09:18:31 PM »
Hello Everyone!
Name: Jason
Started riding in the late 90s until 2005ish. Just started riding this summer again but realized my 2000 GT Performer weighing about 34lbs just wasn't cutting it so I emptied my wallet on flatlandfuel and couldn't be happier!

Offline twotires

• Forkglider
« Reply #1381 on: September 19, 2012, 02:55:49 PM »
name: brody huk
bike: khe a-damn st complete with new bells and whistles!

i have ridden street for 8 years and am sick of hurting myself! 2 weeks in and i love every minute of it.

Offline blue carolina

• roll on
« Reply #1382 on: September 19, 2012, 09:19:36 PM »
Hi my names Ami. live in the uk. I've been building flatland whips for 6 years now and just havent got round to properly riding them. currently building new bike. looking for any riders in the us or canada who have a spare room,couch or floor i could crash on for two weeks in april. show me your riding spots
He who laughs last, laughs the hardest

Offline B Reidd

« Reply #1383 on: September 25, 2012, 09:58:30 PM »
Hi!
My name's Brian and I've been riding off and on (mostly off...) for about 5 years now.  I haven't had a flatland ride for awhile now and I'm looking to get back into it so I figured I'd hit the web and do some research before I started shelling out bucks.  I'm from North Carolina, born and raised.
Good to be a part of the community here at Global Flat!  Looking forward to getting back into riding flat!

Offline chukwuma

« Reply #1384 on: September 25, 2012, 10:29:32 PM »
name-Chukwuma Agbo
age-29
location- Akron,Ohio
riding since- age 5
bike set-up- khe justin miller frame, fork, stem
                    S@M 9" intrikat bars red
                     khe exhib seat
                     kmc red&black chain
                     khe 165mm cranks
                     primo 22mm bb
                     profile ti spindle
                     terry adams grips
                     local bikes shop rims n tires

Offline nigel161803

« Reply #1385 on: September 26, 2012, 12:33:08 AM »
Hello! Nigel Here, 29 years old. I still ride my Hoffman EP. I stopped riding for about 7 years, and recently just got back into Flat. I am also a realist oil painter.

:beer:

Offline polterdeal

« Reply #1386 on: October 10, 2012, 08:33:54 PM »
name-Brian
age-38
location- Philly
riding since- 83-93, 2010-Current. Started attempting flatland again, seriously, about 6 months ago
bike - 95 Big Daddy, 97 Slammer, 3rd Gen Morales Flatland

Offline scotteffone

« Reply #1387 on: October 14, 2012, 08:55:05 AM »
Hey guys, my first post here. I'm just getting back in to flatland after 10 years of zero riding! Ha left the fun begin. I'll ask a question here quickly before I start a new topic to see if I have any luck... I'm going to mix flatland with light street riding and am buying new bars. Question is, do I need to worry about having narrow bars? Does is that make a big difference to how hard it is to do flatland tricks?

Cheers guys

Offline tlack

« Reply #1388 on: October 14, 2012, 07:42:35 PM »
Hi,
Im travis from iowa
been riding on and off since I was a teenager but its been over two and a half years since I last rode.  Getting back into it.  Use to have an account on hear but couldnt remember any of the info and have a different email now so i started a new one.  Gonna get back out there and work on all my old tricks and try some new ones.

Offline AlmirRC

« Reply #1389 on: October 14, 2012, 08:32:40 PM »
Name: Almir
acquisition: 1999

Offline Kouto

« Reply #1390 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:58 PM »
Hi! Jon, 39. Used to post here, but I had to stop riding and thus stopped posting.

Planning on shuffling around parts and riding again soon, but we'll see. I got old, gained weight, and have kids now. My 2 year-old is getting a balance bike for christmas; she will never have to experience training wheels. She is the future.

Matthias Dandois keeps me inspired.

Offline Kluny

« Reply #1391 on: November 05, 2012, 04:25:43 AM »
Name: Shannon
Bike: Zion Low-Kee frame, KHE Tanaka forks, salvage yard parts bin everything else.
I've been riding for a year or so, and finally figured I deserved a decent bike, so I swapped the good parts off my T-1 street frame and built up a proper flat bike. Hello.

Offline Indy

« Reply #1392 on: November 11, 2012, 10:18:30 AM »
Hey!
Name: Indy

I started riding a week ago and I hope to enjoy this flatland community.

Offline Jesse Vetrone

• GF Inhabitant
  • Columbus can shove it. the world IS flat.
« Reply #1393 on: December 03, 2012, 10:51:07 PM »
(reintroduction, haha)

Hey guys!
Name: Jesse Vetrone
Bike: Hoffman Deebo

Hey everyone, wanted to reintroduce myself since I've been out of the game for a few years.

father intro'ed me to flatland at 7, in love ever since. I was posting here when I has 15-16 and riding on a KGB I built. I spent way to much time on the forums and didn't practice enough and didn't have the right mindset about riding. just didn't have a good head on my shoulders period, kind of embarrassing.

I sold my bike to finance some things a few years ago, with every intention to replace it with something less specialized, that didn't happen.

I moved from home, got 2 jobs, fell in love with being a music producer (mostly from hearing the music on flat videos!) and got distracted.

found an old hoffman deebo in the woods at a friends and have been back in the game for about a month now and loving it. much better mindset. and much better understanding of the patience determination, hard work, and fun involved with riding! ill ride this tank for a good long while before upgrading because i realize now parts don't really matter, practice does.

Haven't lost any of the few tricks i knew... (fork glide, peg wheelie, barspins, tail whips) so I'm picking up where i left off and working on steamrollers

TL; DR Thank you guys for being awesome, and I'm glad to be back after a long break. Peace and love- JV

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #1394 on: December 03, 2012, 11:34:33 PM »
Awesome Jesse, welcome back!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)