Author Topic: Introduce yourself  (Read 449519 times)

Offline *trix*

• Forkglider
Re: Introduce yourself
« Reply #1305 on: August 08, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Name: Michael thomas
Riding since: just starting
Bike: I am currently looking for a bike in the 200-300 dollar range so if anyone has anything for sale please contact me 51six six03 six708 or trixunlimited@gmail.com

Offline soybeener

• Forkglider
« Reply #1306 on: August 10, 2011, 08:14:32 PM »
Name: Shawn
Riding since: 1984
Bike history: Diamond Back Viper (stolen in front of Eastridge mall)

Replaced with GT Performer (sold in 1994 along with upgraded Peregrine 48s,  ACS Z rims, a truckload of spare parts and complete run of Freestylin'  for $125. Now  I'm kicking myself after seeing the prices for old school BMX parts).

Tried to get back in to flatland in 2000 after buying a Haro Shredder, but after 10 years worth of beer and smoking, my fat azz couldn't ride for more than 20 mins.

Finally lost some weight, kicked smoking and scored a 2010 Opsis for a great price off CL last month.

Some  Beastie Boys/Run DMC, my ride and an empty lot and I'm 15 again !

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #1307 on: August 10, 2011, 08:20:06 PM »
A man after my own heart. Welcome Shawn!

I started riding again in order to quite smoking so I totally understand. Congratulations man. Very hard thing to do!
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline soybeener

• Forkglider
« Reply #1308 on: August 10, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »

Thanks Jake4130 !

Yep, quitting is very tough, but future bike part upgrades will keep me broke so I can't afford ciggs. 

;D

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #1309 on: August 10, 2011, 10:47:22 PM »
Funny you should say that. The finishing touches are going into my custom Standard 250L Frame. For my 6 month present to myself I figured I would have spent over $1000 on cigarettes, so as a reward I bought my self a custom frame instead. Not sure how long you have been quit, but reward yourself if no one else will. You deserve it.
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline FABIO760

« Reply #1310 on: August 14, 2011, 09:38:24 AM »
Name: Fabio

Well since this is the introduction area just want to say hey whats up looking to get seriously into flatland after just years of messing around as a kid with crappy bikes. Looking to get into my first bike build and just want to get some advice here so thanks all.

Offline desjade

« Reply #1311 on: August 15, 2011, 07:35:51 PM »
Name : Denis

Decided to start flatland around a month ago to kick out my computer addiction. So far so good ;)

Offline AlarmedBread

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1312 on: August 16, 2011, 10:47:39 PM »
Name: Chris
Riding since: 1998 mostly dirt trails
Bike: Trek vert 3, very light at 38lbs

Remember when you were 16 and vowed never to leave your bike behind when you got a car? I lost my way for some years, friends who BMX got into bad stuff and I got into racing cars. Happy to have found my old love again.  O0 

Offline Rushman

« Reply #1313 on: August 19, 2011, 11:42:29 PM »

Name: Lee
Riding Since: 86 - 89 & 2009 +
Bike: DK 6 pack - heavy :-(

Decided to get back into riding about a year ago and pretty much just been riding street; mainly just me but sometimes with my 14 yr old boy.
On the look out for an entry level flat bike now-fair play to Shawn and massive respect to all the 'old fart riders' - if you're reading this forum and wishing you had taken up BMX when you were younger then get involved-its never too late!

Offline Petr

« Reply #1314 on: August 30, 2011, 10:50:15 PM »
its never too late!
You're right about that!  :beer:

Offline BMXFlatlanderFL

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #1315 on: September 04, 2011, 03:27:26 AM »
Name: Matt "CoMe're!"
Riding Since: 1995
Bike: FLAT - 18.25 DECO Succubus (v2) ... PARK - 19" DECO Succubus (v2)

Got into riding by meeting a kid that could do a bunny hop. I was all into hauling ass and hitting dirt jumps after that... I broke a pair of forks and snapped the head tube off of my 1996 Diamond Back Joker... My dad got me a GT performer and i never left the ground again... Got to college, stopped riding, been back on it since 2008 and cant walk away from it. That 3yrs of college would of been quicker on a bike!

Offline bogyman

« Reply #1316 on: September 04, 2011, 04:05:38 PM »
hi.
i have been riding since the age of 6, now 36!!
started racing, then did street and ramp and then started with flatland which is now my passion. 20 years of flatland!!
form the UK and have just started setting up a flatland specific bmx shop, Flat Squirrel BMX, look out for it on the web

Offline Rushman

« Reply #1317 on: September 04, 2011, 04:45:00 PM »
Nice work Flat Squirrel, good luck with the venture! When you expect to be up and running? Will you have a shop or are you just trading on-line?

Lee

Offline edje

« Reply #1318 on: September 04, 2011, 07:23:35 PM »
Name: Edje
Riding since: 1997 - 2001, 2011 - ...
Bike: WeThePeople Pony frame, St.Martin Mikado fork & mainly other old stuff originally from a GT Performer.

I'm trying to pick up riding since a few months.
I've done nothing but sitting behind a desk for the last 8 years, so it's kind of a bumpy road to get my groove back.
I started out way too enthusiastic, riding too long at once, trying to re-learn old tricks as well as learning new stuff... it was too much of a workout for my body, which lead to some back-injury.
So now I'm on a slower pace: as long as I pull some tricks and overall stability still improves every time I ride, and as long as I'm still able to walk the next day, I'm a happy man  :) .

It's great to see that global-flat serves all riders, young and new to bmx, older and riding since forever, and also a lot of people re-discovering flatland after years of doing other things.

Offline Petr

« Reply #1319 on: September 04, 2011, 08:58:30 PM »
Goed dat je er bij bent Edje!  :P