Author Topic: How does a persons height affect the difficulty of flatland tricks?  (Read 7820 times)

Offline Charlie

Re: How does a persons height affect the difficulty of flatland tricks?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 03:33:45 AM »
Those seem to be pretty subtle differences. Are these angles really something I should be concerned about?

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 03:46:13 AM »
If you're just starting out, no not at all.

Offline Charlie

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 07:06:32 AM »
Yea that's what I thought. I think this might be the bike for me. If anyone has used the Ares APLUS before let me know. I would love to hear your opinion.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 05:59:55 PM »
tj (2flat2furious) is right- you are new and stills exploring what works and what doesn't.
the a-plus complete bike has geometry which is very similar to the ay spear, 15th anniversary Ashura frame with maybe a slightly longer backend. my personal ride is the ay spear, which I have to say is one of the best  handling frame I've ridden.

Offline polterdeal

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »
I'm 5'6", ride an 18.4TT. Made tricks like back side walk-arounds easier to get up and over. I previously rode a 19TT, it was cool, but a bit too long for my short ass...

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »
i'm 6 foot and ride a 19.5" (was on 19" for years tho), but nonetheless, you can tailor your tricks to suit your height. I like to go for tall stretched out tricks like cliffhangers and deathtrucks that turbine and spin once you are all the way stretched out nice and tall. That being said, I think having a lower center of gravity is more beneficial to the physics of it all. But, does it affect how much fun you can have?! No way!!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)