Author Topic: How does a persons height affect the difficulty of flatland tricks?  (Read 5184 times)

Offline Charlie

Re: How does a persons height affect the difficulty of flatland tricks?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2014, 03:33:45 AM »
Those seem to be pretty subtle differences. Are these angles really something I should be concerned about?

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2014, 03:46:13 AM »
If you're just starting out, no not at all.

Offline Charlie

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2014, 07:06:32 AM »
Yea that's what I thought. I think this might be the bike for me. If anyone has used the Ares APLUS before let me know. I would love to hear your opinion.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2014, 05:59:55 PM »
tj (2flat2furious) is right- you are new and stills exploring what works and what doesn't.
the a-plus complete bike has geometry which is very similar to the ay spear, 15th anniversary Ashura frame with maybe a slightly longer backend. my personal ride is the ay spear, which I have to say is one of the best  handling frame I've ridden.

Offline polterdeal

« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »
I'm 5'6", ride an 18.4TT. Made tricks like back side walk-arounds easier to get up and over. I previously rode a 19TT, it was cool, but a bit too long for my short ass...

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2014, 03:13:49 PM »
i'm 6 foot and ride a 19.5" (was on 19" for years tho), but nonetheless, you can tailor your tricks to suit your height. I like to go for tall stretched out tricks like cliffhangers and deathtrucks that turbine and spin once you are all the way stretched out nice and tall. That being said, I think having a lower center of gravity is more beneficial to the physics of it all. But, does it affect how much fun you can have?! No way!!
Dax (now in NYC)