Author Topic: Bob Haro is back! Ikonix  (Read 5588 times)

Offline Da Jorg

Bob Haro is back! Ikonix
« on: May 09, 2014, 05:58:08 PM »
Here a link http://themerged.com/ikonix-fs1-bike/ 0 offset, double tt, bar/stem combo looks interessting.
The website http://ikonixbikes.com/ should go online today.
With a "whopping cost of $2,250!"
It seems to me that heīs trying to use his undoubted status as a bmx legend to claim the high end, high price market niche in the bmx industry.
"Exclusive.Limited.VIP. Produced in limited quantities...signed by BMX legend Bob Haro. Bragging rights are opptional."
The focus group seem to be the "older" riders or "older" people who used to ride who get reminded of their old bikes, old time,  youth..bla. when they see this. Thatīs the same strategy that colony uses with the Prody frame.  Make it rare, make look it vintage/retro and aim for an "exclusive" crowd that has money.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2014, 07:07:30 PM by Da Jorg »

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Bob Haro is back! Ikonix
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 06:38:15 PM »
Anything with a "vintage" look is a ploy to get old riders to part with their money. nothing else.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 06:54:27 PM »
All ive seen is Overpriced replicas with Bob's name on it.
One Last Ride.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant

Offline bmxelement90

• Backpacker
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 11:53:56 PM »
that bike looks gross

Offline OlderThanDirt

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2014, 05:09:59 AM »
I like the bike a lot, but not at that price.   For that price, I'd expect titanium everything.  What will this bike be able to do that a bike that costs half-as-much or less can't?   

I'm assuming that Mr. Haro intends to appeal to the older crowd (like me) that now makes enough money to splurge on a bike that reminds them of their youth.  By taking pre-orders before there's even a real bike to look it, he's attempting to use other people's money to fund the project.  That's fine... I hope it works-out... but more than that, I hope the next set of bikes he creates are affordable by mere mortals!  :mellow:

Offline wolverines

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2014, 05:33:45 AM »
Anything with a "vintage" look is a ploy to get old riders to part with their money. nothing else.

a little bit of this.

I like the bike a lot, but not at that price.   For that price, I'd expect titanium everything.  What will this bike be able to do that a bike that costs half-as-much or less can't?   

I'm assuming that Mr. Haro intends to appeal to the older crowd (like me) that now makes enough money to splurge on a bike that reminds them of their youth.  By taking pre-orders before there's even a real bike to look it, he's attempting to use other people's money to fund the project.  That's fine... I hope it works-out... but more than that, I hope the next set of bikes he creates are affordable by mere mortals!  :mellow:

and some of this too  .

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2014, 08:00:30 PM »

a little bit of this.

I'm assuming that Mr. Haro intends to appeal to the older crowd (like me) that now makes enough money to splurge on a bike that reminds them of their youth.  By taking pre-orders before there's even a real bike to look it, he's attempting to use other people's money to fund the project.  That's fine... I hope it works-out... but more than that, I hope the next set of bikes he creates are affordable by mere mortals!  B)

and some of this too  .

Yep i agree. Wont work for me though...i like what i have ...and honestly, i dont like the look of that bike at all. If you check the specs its nothing special either. I loved Haro BITD, but i think Bob is grasping at straws at this point. He shouldnt have sold Haro in the first place...although if this would have been their new stuff...... ::)

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2014, 06:34:17 PM »
Tj couldnt have said it better, In fact I agree with all here.. thats like CF mountain bike prices...ridiculous .