Author Topic: Colony Prody Frame  (Read 6983 times)

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
Colony Prody Frame
« on: March 11, 2014, 08:41:35 PM »
Back in the day, way before Colony ever existed, Clint Millar had a few frames made under the name of Prody. This was back in 1993/1994 when it was pretty much impossible to get a frame that would not break in a few weeks. So him & another friend, Michael Canfield, enlisted the help of a local Brisbane based frame builder called G&J Cycles to make them the ideal frame. Hence the Prody Frame was born.
Built to withstand any punishment that could be thrown at them back then, they were robust. Till this day, not one ever cracked or broke. Only 4 frames were ever made so they were very limited.
Fast forward 20 or so years & we have here the all new Prody frame. It features that classic early ’90′s look but with all of today’s finer features like modern geometry, Mid BB & Integrated headset. These new frames are only about 200 grams heavier than our current frames now, not bad at all.
Both Clint Millar & Bobbie Altiser are amongst a select few riding these frames right now & so far feedback has been very favourable.
These limited frames will be made available come late April in the USA, Australia & the UK. They will be offered in Gloss Black, Chrome Plated & ED Red in sizes 19.0″ & 20.6″
Only 100 will be made & each will be numbered. Contact your favourite Colony Dealer now to pre-book yourself a piece of Australian BMX history.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
Re: Colony Prody Frame
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:50:18 PM »
Classic Old School look! Nice
One Last Ride.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:57:57 AM »
I just found my new frame  :beer:

Offline anthony

• Backpacker
  • You live for something or die for nothing....
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 03:27:20 AM »
sh*t....Thats hot

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2014, 11:39:24 AM »

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »
A big hello to standard bykes company.
sbc announced their flat frame project around the same time as s&m intrikat, anything to show for it other than spy pics of the unbuilt frame and a just recently a sponsored flat rider?
intrikats are on their 5 generation, reklamation bikes- a smaller company, even got their frames out earlier then the company who made them.
and now a Australian company has a modernized version of an older model previously made by sbc out...talk about ridiculous time-frame.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2014, 03:21:24 PM »
well Standard is quite small nowadays, I think they have 1 welder only.. lots of custom frames to build and probably not a lot of money to gamble in a production flatland frame...

Anyway, looking at the original Prody frame, I think they should have made the extended chainstays the same, it's a more original feature than the platform...

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2014, 04:05:24 PM »
That's a darn good looking frame with shades of homeless and parkpre.

Offline azflatlander

• Backpacker
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2014, 01:23:48 AM »
Regardless.. I think they did an Awesome Job!  :beer: :beer:

I'm now a Colony Fan!  B)

They had the Balls to step up and not just go with the flow ::)

Offline midschool

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 07:26:42 AM »
Got mine. O0

You may be disappointed if you fail but doomed if you never try.  Some people advance through life.  Others remain stagnant and only dream of what they can achieve.  There is a difference between wanting and having, saying and doing.  Don't let those who fear progression keep you down or steal your vision.  Act out on your dreams.  Everything is real and ANYTHING is possible.

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2014, 12:17:03 AM »
Tis SEXY !!!

Offline locky

• Backpacker
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2014, 04:05:37 AM »
Yeah looks slick. Nice bit of memorabilia .

Offline byke

• Backpacker
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 08:48:29 AM »
Personally not feeling it, but in an ever shrinking flatland market I appreciate the fact that they offered something.

Offline HighLander

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 09:37:23 AM »
One Last Ride.

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 03:08:54 PM »
Also coming in... rainbow