Author Topic: Monster Energy BMX Freestyle Exams by Trevlon Hall  (Read 5984 times)

News_Bot

Monster Energy BMX Freestyle Exams by Trevlon Hall
« on: February 19, 2014, 02:29:18 PM »
Date: 26.04.2014 - 27.04.2014

In 2010, TREVLON HALL, Trinidad & Tobago´s 1st Bmx Freestyle Pro Rider in a passionate pursuit to help develop Bmx Freestyle teamed up with Monster Energy and Created Monster Energy Bmx Freestyle Exams. In concept, the event platform began with a tour promoting Bmx Freestyle via demos at schools and malls across Trinidad & Tobago and culminated with a local contest. Over the years we have steadily developed the Contest platform from Local to Caribbean and, as of 2014, our Contest will be International and Open to World entry.

Prize Money Breakdown

Registration limit: Bmx Flatland - 40 Pros | 20 Amateurs (Maximum)

Schedule

FRIDAY 25TH APRIL

- Official Practice Day Begins (10am - 6pm) Ams & Pros - We can also arrange for practice hrs after 6pm if requested by the riders - No problem! Of course there will be Practice on the Contest days and warm ups in between Runs.

SATURDAY 26TH APRIL 

• Day 1 of the Contest (Qualifier Day for Ams & Pros)

AM FLATLAND QUALIFIER: 

• Two 90sec Runs (The Best Run Count)

• We will take the Top 3 Ams from this Qualifier and advance them to Pro Final Finals on Sunday 27th April to Compete with the Pros.

PRO FLATLAND QUALIFIER:

• Two 2min Runs (The Best Run Count)

• The Top 12 Pros from the Qualifier will advance to the Pro Finals on Sunday 27th April

SUNDAY 27th APRIL - (PRO FINALS) 

• 15 Riders Total Competing on this day. The 12 Pros and 3 Ams from Qualifier. So everyone here gets Money relative to how they place. 

•  Two 2min Runs (The Best Run Counts)

• The Top 3 Riders will then face a Jam Battle Format for 12mins with each rider getting 1min runs in the battle totaling 4 times the top 3 riders will ride.

Official website: http://www.trevlonhallexams.com

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Monster Energy BMX Freestyle Exams by Trevlon Hall
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »

Trevlon Hall and Monster Energy are hosting the BMX Freestyle Exams in Trinidad and Tobago again this year on April 27 and 28. There will be a street and a flatland contest and what stands out most is probably the impressive purse of 43000USD for flatland ( + another 43k for street). 

Maybe some of you are not familiar with the Freestyle Exams so here are a few words from Trevlon: "In concept, the event platform began with a tour promoting Bmx Freestyle via demos at schools and malls across Trinidad & Tobago and culminated with a local contest. Over the years we have steadily developed the Contest platform from Local to Caribbean and, as of 2014, our Contest will be International and Open to World entry."

For flatland there will be an amateur and pro class. You can register on the official website (60$ for Am, 100$ for Pro). Details on Accomodation, Airport, VISA etc are available as well. 

We're really happy to see how Trevlon is developing the event from year to year and are proud to be a media partner.

Official website: www.trevlonhallexams.com

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
Re: Monster Energy BMX Freestyle Exams by Trevlon Hall
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 05:59:37 AM »
Why isn't anyone commenting on this?  This is huge!  $43,000 pro purse?!  How is this not THE most discussed topic on here?
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.

Offline Jimbo

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2014, 08:24:39 AM »
I agree, its a crazy amount of money. It's good to see for a flatland contest. I saw the breakdown on the website and cant remember it all, but its $10,000 for the winner & $7000 for 2nd. not bad at all!

Offline bhuffman

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 02:05:50 PM »
It would be fun to go
You look like Marty McFly!

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Monster Energy Bmx Freestyle Exams: Schedule, Prize Money, Registration
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 01:19:24 PM »

Trevlon released more details on the Monster Energy BMX Freestyle Exams, the contest with the longest name and biggest prize money this year :) 

If you are planning to go there then you should register first of all. There is a limit for the number of registrations (20 rider in amateur and 40 riders in pro). A few big names like Alex Jumelin, Dub, Dom, Williams Perez are already registered. 

Schedule - there will be a proper practice session on friday and you should pay your registration fee on friday until 6PM. The qualifications are on saturday. The top 3 Amateur and top 12 Pro riders will make it to the Finals on sunday. There are no seperate amateur finals.

Prize Money Breakdown - the top 15 riders will get cash. The detailled breakdown is available here. That means cash for the top 3 Amateur riders and top 12 Pro riders. We usually don't focus that much on prize money but we know that many of you will probably spend quite some money for their tickets to Trinidad and Tabago so it's probably good to know some details on the prize money you could possibly take home ;-) 

Some more organizational info from the organizer: "Please note that Payment of Prize money to Athletes will be done on Monday 28th April. So make sure when you book your plane ticket and hotel accommodation you at least organize to Arrive in Trinidad & Tobago on Thursday 24th and Depart on Tuesday 29th April at minimum."

Offline out~riding

• Global Team
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2014, 12:53:08 PM »
Quote from: thecomeup.com

The Trinidad Government Stole $86,000 From BMX Pros.

About 7 months ago there was a BMX contest in Trinidad and Tobago with a lot of money on the line and some top BMX pros in attendance. An article came out today in Newsday reporting that none of the winners have gotten paid:

“Organiser Trevlon Hall, this country’s first professional BMX freestyle rider, has been in a frantic mood for several months, imploring the Ministry of Tourism to honour their agreement of paying the $86,000 in prizes. Stars such as Venezuela’s Daniel Dhers, a five-time X-Games gold medallist, Adam Kun of Hungary, 2013 BMX Worlds champ and Vikki Gomez of Spain, voted the “Number One Flatlander of the Year 2013” at the prestigious NORA Cup Awards, were among an elite group of riders that came to this country for the April 26-27 competition.”

Most of the riders didn’t go on record but Adam Kun had this to say:

“It’s never happened with me and I feel so bad about it. I had great times always over there (Trinidad) but this is not fair against athletes. They used our name, photos everything, we did a great contest and paid our flights etcetera to get there and at the end I’m still waiting (for) my prize money which is horrible after six months. I don’t think there will be a contest in the near future after this situation. Even if everybody will get his prize money they don’t wanna do this again. I feel sorry for Trevlon because it was his dream and he worked so much for this and it’s turned in the worst way!”

I’m not sure if there’s a lesson to be learned here but if there is, it’s probably “don’t count your third world BMX contest chickens before they hatch” or something.

Offline SurfonFlatland

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2015, 02:28:31 AM »
To my knowledge, the judges had their flights paid for and were paid for judging.  So, at the very least, someone was paid.
The following is the truth.  The preceeding is a lie.