Author Topic: Steve Lapsleys SKJ!  (Read 6193 times)

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
Steve Lapsleys SKJ!
« on: December 08, 2013, 09:40:50 PM »
Here's my Reklamation Bikes SKJ.

A little explanation... I'm 5'6" and ride the 19" version. I don't have long legs but surprisingly I haven't had any issues with stand over height. I thought I would have an issue with the rear end length but it feels super comfortable. I run zero offset forks and a short stem to tighten things up. I run the rear wheel slammed which is like 13.5". I run my seat kinda low. I wanted it a little higher but had the stubby Animal post so had a buddy weld an extension on it. Also, with doing a lot of hitch hiker stuff I run the Sun envy lite rim on the rear. Its rounded and narrow. The Ezra FC has been great for me so far. I haven't had any of the popping issues some riders seem to have. Last but not least I run QuestBMX Miyagi Bars. These were designed by all the Quest team riders. They have the perfect amount of sweep. Super strong and a nice crossbar height that helps these stand out from other 2pc bars. I run QuestBMX MetaGuru Stix which are the larger option. Super comfy on the feet and the perfect knurling for both hands and feet. Pretty much describes my ride. Check it out.

Frame: Reklamation SKJ (19" Light Beer, brakeless)
Fork: Odyssey Classic Flatland 0 offset
Bars: QuestBMX Miyagi Bars
Stem: Flatware
Front Brake Set-Up: DiaTech Hombre with Odyssey Monolever, Animal cable, DiaTach Flexie, & some no name clear brake pads
Grips: Kink Samurai
Bar Ends: Ares Stainless
Front Pegs: QuestBMX MetaGuru Stix
Front Wheel set-up: Demolition Rim, Straight laced to Primo n4 hub, Primo Comet 1.5 tire
Seat Post: Animal (modified)
Seat: Odyssey Aiken
Drive train Set-Up: Profile GDH boss-less 165mm crank arms w/ titanium spindle, Welgo cheap pedals, Tree 18T spline drive sprocket, no name chain
Rear Pegs: QuestBMX MetaGuru Stix
Rear Wheel Set-Up: Sun Envy Lite Rim laced 3x to Ezra Freecoaster, Primo Comet 1.5 tires
« Last Edit: December 08, 2013, 09:43:44 PM by Jake4130 »
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Phatman

Re: Steve Lapsleys SKJ!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 10:06:18 PM »
DAMN!! Jake, What You're doing with Reklamation is Spot On! I am still a little weary of the 13.5" Chain Stays, I am however experimenting with My Chain Stay Length & It's slowly creeping into that Territory & I'm not complaining! Hopefully I will get My hands on a Rek Frame to go with My Miyagi Bars & MetaGuruStix (Yes the Jedi Mind Tricks ARE Working On Me!!!) & If My Bike, Is Half as Nice as Steve's Or ANY of the Rek Frames I've seen built up so far, I will be one HAPPY Man!

Offline Jake4130

• Deathtrucker
    • Fameuse Design
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 10:15:00 PM »
Man, you are going to love our frames, especially the back end!
Kids, you only get one face in life - don't spend it on pavement

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 03:31:54 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments. this bike is so solid. a wise decision to anyone in market for a new frame. oh and check out the Quest Miyagi bars and metaGuru stick pegs, son

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 05:54:16 AM »
cooooooooool bike!!

Offline metalbmxer

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 06:58:38 AM »
Steve, nice bike bro. Overall, i like the color and your part selection. Mine gets here soon!
Dax (now in LAS VEGAS as of July 2022)