Author Topic: UK - has any one orderd a frame from ff?  (Read 9832 times)

Offline Cyberboy109

• Hitchhiker
UK - has any one orderd a frame from ff?
« on: October 25, 2013, 12:17:35 AM »
Hay folks been a long time,  any way I was hoping to order a new frame from flatland fuel.. So I was wondering if any one from the UK has ordered a frame and if so where you hit with any charges from customs?
I'm currently saving up want to make sure I have enough money to cover every thing

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
Re: UK - has any one orderd a frame from ff?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 12:42:10 PM »
yes and no. When I was in England I order loads from Pat at flatlandfuel and only twice I was caught by customs and that was on BIG orders like complete bike set up and it came to £57 in the end. But what Pat does is mark the box as child's bike or toy so it doesn't get the attention at the border.
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline melon lover

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 02:58:19 PM »
Yep same here I ordered shed loads of bits off pat and never got stopped marked as child parts

Weirdly though I did order a 17" colony déjà vu (For my 7 year old "CHILD") and it got stopped at the border and I had to pay £18 on top but the whole order was worth about £550 so not bad considering

Offline Cyberboy109

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 08:36:25 PM »
Cheers guys

Phatman

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2013, 09:26:30 PM »
I order parts from Empire multiple times per year (Austin Texas) I've ordered a few parts from Albes too & you do get stung once or twice. Like when i ordered my Custom FBM Frame, they put the FULL VALUE of the Frame on the packaging because they've had some hassles with Frames being lost or stolen & having to pay out because they marked down the value... £127 -______________-

But the most i have paid on a Frame was around £36, a LOT of that was actually handling fees from the sh*tty Parcel Force/Royal Mail..

I have actually found that if you ship via UPS, you pay a little more on shipping, but they do it all, it doesn't get transferred between different postal services etc.. I had some Bars sent to me via UPS £13 shipping & i paid ZERO import fees.

The BIG test will be my next order! Wheels, Bars, Stem, Tyres, & quite a few smaller Parts too! It's all coming via UPS so we shall see if they charge me any form of duties or handling fees when those arrive! Also everytime i have had Parts shipped via UPS they say "Estimated Delivery Date" well every single time they have been delivered on the "Estimated Delivery Date" I will go via UPS for every US Order now.