Author Topic: Looking for a rider in Baltimore Maryland, that I used to talk with.  (Read 7822 times)

Offline LVSR

• Cliffhanger
  • I don't do 'tricks' I do 'illusions'
I am looking for a rider that I haven't talked too in a long while.  I am not exactly sure of said name, maybe Kevin, Keith or Steve.

Any one that used to go to the Mt. Washington bike shop a few years backthat got into flatland around the year 2000 to 2002

If this sounds like you please chime in, would like to talk again.  Though I only really talked to you when you would come to the shop.

Thanks,

Matt.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 09:33:26 AM by martin »
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor security" --Benjamin Franklin

Offline Shortylonghair

• Backpacker
Re: Looking for a rider in Baltimore Maryland, that I used to talk with.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 06:27:11 PM »
What?! I thought I was the only rider in Baltimore, ha ha.

Offline LVSR

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2007, 12:27:24 AM »
You are, I just walk my bike around and try and look cool......

HAHAHAHAHA

Where around do you live?
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty nor security" --Benjamin Franklin

Offline blacksmoo6

• Forkglider
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2007, 06:40:17 PM »
I am not the guy your looking for, but working on a B-more Jam of some sort for the fall. A MD Jam will go down next year for sure.

Matt, how far do you live from the New BestBuy in Owings Mills?

Offline timmyg

• Hitchhiker
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2007, 06:48:44 PM »
yo im from NJ but im def in on a Baltimore jam
What man, whose the man,
what makes a man a man,
Am I a man? Yes, technically i am

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2007, 06:54:44 PM »
I'll come out for it

Offline Shortylonghair

• Backpacker
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2007, 07:05:55 PM »
Yo, I work just south of Pikesville, Balt city N.W. & live in Hampstead (Carroll County).

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 07:52:21 PM »
Glen Burnie here.  Whatever happened to the Camden Yards jams?

Offline Selected

• Hitchhiker
  • "I used to be an English major."
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 07:43:46 AM »
-Speaking of Maryland riders, what ever happened to Chris Dibble and Josh King from Fredericksville, MD? Josh King used to be in some of the old BMXTRIX videos doing full barflip sidesqueaks back when they were still unreal. The last I heard of Chris Dibble was when he was 16 (like five years ago) and he was doing unreal things on his bike like cross handed brakeless decades which he would land switch handed (i.e. cross your hands, decade so that you hands untwist at the 180 point, then recross as you finally land on the bike). Chris Dibble got a write up (from Art Thompson or the BMXTRIX guy) I believe for a CFB comp years back where he was doing Osicka like links, but he got some negative hype for being too Osicka-like instead of getting props for being a young shredder.
-I bought Dibble's old Rigid frame, rode, quit, and have been riding again for a year. Thank God I don't ride a Rigid anymore although my new bike (Ares Force) looks exactly like a Rigid w/o the platform. 
Welcome to the truth of flatland. (Wilkes-Barre, Pa - Represent)

Offline LVSR

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2007, 03:13:24 PM »
I am not the guy your looking for, but working on a B-more Jam of some sort for the fall. A MD Jam will go down next year for sure.

Matt, how far do you live from the New BestBuy in Owings Mills?

I live 5 traffic lights away.

Offline stvnlpsly

• GF Inhabitant
  • Quest BMX
    • Quest BMX
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2007, 07:21:33 PM »
Wish I would have known about all you guys who ride there when I was at Ft, Meade living in Laurel, MD.  I would have been down to ride whenever.  I heard from Tony Strickler that Kevin Jones is living in MD outside of Baltimore.  He said on a military base, but I dont think it is Meade, he may be up in Aberdeen Proving Grounds.  One of you guys should find out.  I may be down for a Camden Yards Jam.  I am up in Buffalo NY but love coming down to MD!

Offline blacksmoo6

• Forkglider
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2007, 09:51:27 PM »
LVSR we should meet up at that chick-fil-la for lunch sometime if your free.

Chris Dibble works full-time at UPS as a manager, is riding again a bit and is getting married this OCT.

Josh still rides and I believe installs home audio systems, does still ride.

Kevin Jones lives in Lexington Park MD, about 90 Minutes south of Annapolis MD( About 2 hours south of Baltimore). He rides and is waiting for his new frames.

Camden Jams are dead for now, but a new jam in 2008 will hopfully come about in MD or Northern VA.

Offline LVSR

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 01:29:15 AM »
I would be down for lunch but my issue is that my vision is pretty shot at this time, and as for me getting around on my own, it is not easy for me at this time. 

If anyone wants to ride or grab a bite to eat and would be willing to pick me up I am completely down for either.

I am really jonesin' to ride...........anyone?  I desperately need to get out of my house.

Offline Stereolab

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 03:55:48 PM »
Kevin left York?  That's like the sign of the end times or something.

LVSR, what's wrong with your vision?  I got LASIK surgery in 1999 and it was by far the best thing I have ever done for myself.

Offline blacksmoo6

• Forkglider
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 04:27:48 PM »
Matt, I can pick you up no problem, just let me know when is good for you.

Rob!!! this is Derek....where have you been??? haven't seen you since the last Jam, I am looking to get Lasik next year, good to hear someone has had luck with it.

Yeah Jones Fell in love and moved, his lady is cool and of course he got her a bike!

-Derek