Author Topic: Video: Lost at SEA  (Read 25723 times)

Offline nessie

• Funky Chicken
Re: Video: Lost at SEA
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 04:51:07 AM »

Oh, here are a couple of pictures from the local scene here in KB, the flatlanders used to live on a house boat, or rackit. Most of the guys make there own frames at local work shops...

Offline nessie

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 04:58:42 AM »
and...

Offline Ks Flat 43

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 05:05:58 AM »
Great video!

norcalmutt

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2007, 05:55:28 AM »
damn homemade frames and parts
i guess if you cant get them
then build your own
good thing tho

what is KB?

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2007, 10:12:42 AM »
what is KB?

I arrived in Malaysia a year ago,to a town called Kota Bharu

at least read the first sentence..

thanks for the video though, I've been craving more vids like this since I saw the hari penyayang vid on global and Diversion6.

I don't get how this trick is possible though. Is he keeping the back end up by pushing down the front of the peg using his feet?

griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

Offline RafaelVargas

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2007, 10:20:13 AM »
im guessing the rotation keeps the bike up

Offline fOoLfLip

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
only word "SICK"

but next vidz could you add his name plz ^^

i like the man with this  :ph34r: head eiei

thank for your vidz

Offline Vic

• Cliffhanger
  • New Zealand
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 11:08:38 AM »
it can't just be rotation, otherwise we'd see a no handed mccircle by now
griOt: "I suggest start learning Hang5. This trick will open a lot of doors, such as courage"

Offline ilyas

• Forkglider
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 11:26:27 AM »

thanks for the video though, I've been craving more vids like this since I saw the hari penyayang vid on global and Diversion6.

I don't get how this trick is possible though. Is he keeping the back end up by pushing down the front of the peg using his feet?

that's the function of the bent kgb forks.that's how matdagu locked into that position.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 11:28:06 AM by ilyas »

Offline Martin

• Administrator
  • GF Inhabitant
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 01:33:26 PM »

Also by holding / clamping the fork with the rear part of your foot. At least that's my theory ;)

Offline JAY1WM

• Cliffhanger
  • 1WM
    • 1WMBMX
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 01:41:34 PM »

Also by holding / clamping the fork with the rear part of your foot. At least that's my theory ;)

yeh thats how i do it.

that video was da bomb. is that tom m? man you get around.

Offline Rizalflatlander

• Hitchhiker
  • The Sit Grabber
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »

yeh thats how i do it.

that video was da bomb. is that tom m? man you get around.

actually i noticed that he seemed like sitting on the bars and tried to hold tight the fork by his ankle area, and i tried also using the unbike gliding with no handed by holding the fork by my ankle, i think it seemed just like that...anyway, awesome video!!nice one!, thanks..and malaysian is getting wilder in progression...

Offline Kev

• Team
  • Cliffhanger
  • Did you see what I said?
    • Virtual Flatland instructor
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2007, 03:08:33 PM »
^^ It's also about keeping the correct pressure on the pegs with the backend off the ground.  If you think about it, when you lift the backend off the ground, the front pegs rotate a little bit forward, right?  Well, if your in that position, putting enormous pressure on the pegs and leaning back a touch (hence the sitting on the bars look), the pegs wouldn't rotate back (dropping the back end) as long as your feet don't slip the pegs and you have VERY strong legs muscles.  I hope that made sense....I've seen TJ do this trick back when Tranqualized told him it was impossible and that's what he told me about it, plus the clamping the fork with your heels like martin said.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 03:11:09 PM by Kev »

Offline Henrik

• Hitchhiker
    • Fi-bmx
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2007, 06:33:59 PM »
Veeeery nice video! Thanks for making and sharing it with us. It's cool to see riders you haven't seen before - especially such great riders!

Was the other guy with KGB Return bars Mat Magu?

Oh and about the no-handed frontyard: hasn't Viki been doing that many months ago? Also at least Erico can do it and apparently has done it a long time ago.

Offline lardpacker

• Forkglider
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2007, 06:55:59 PM »
The rider on the gold AY at the start goes by the name Toon, the guy who does the hitch to backpacker is Pop. The 2 kgb dudes are X and Golf, Golf's on the raw looking one. The other thai rider on the white ares EN is Krisda and the guy doing the no-handed thingy is Mat DAGU...haha, not Mat Magu as it states on the KGB website. I'm not too sure about the other riders though. :huh:

Btw, these are all nicknames save from Krisda's, their real names can get pretty confusing. ;D
« Last Edit: August 15, 2007, 06:57:33 PM by lardpacker »