Poll

should i rig up the old or screw it and go new?

old Suntour hub 36h
0 (0%)
new nankai techno lt hub
5 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Author Topic: looking into new wheels  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Mazur

• Cliffhanger
  • Central New York Freaks!
    • Void Dweller Industries
looking into new wheels
« on: August 09, 2007, 02:51:38 AM »
 I have a 2nd ride set up, just needs a wheel set.

I'm probably going with the Ody's Duralectra rim.  I have a Suntour coaster (36h) i've had around for yrs as a backup. My current Suntour (48h) has been great or 17 yrs now with some tlc and a Peregrine HP rim .

The Nankai hub seems to be decent fave around here.

opinions...

-m-

Yes, i did a search too. No real opinions though. Just statements of who had what on their set up

For GP this is one quote i did find that seems promising...

Between getting the federal and a nankai hub, which would be better? I know the nankai tend to be very good hubs but i haven't heard  much about the federal

Federal hub and Geisha are the same federal hub got diferent shell desing and 1pc 14mm axle but the int. parts are the same.
GO for nankai works always good like suntour. :wacko:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:59:34 AM by void dweller »

LOU4130

Re: looking into new wheels
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2007, 04:42:47 AM »
i never had a suntour, but i have had a nankai for about 4yrs now, and 9 months of that is with the profile shell...i have had no problems with the hub at all. I did have a minor thing with  the dustcover rubbing when i got the profile shell, but without that its been workin as good as it did with the regular shell, ive had zero problems with the nankai.

I have heard though from i think it was TJ and a couple of others that sometimes when doing rear wheel spinning tricks, when there is alot of side to side pressure, it would engage. But other than that, i haven't heard anything bad about nankais function wise.( some dont like the little extra weight)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 04:45:02 AM by LOU4130 »

Offline MAflat710

Re: looking into new wheels
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 05:22:48 AM »
Hey man. If your looking for new hubs DEFINTLY go with the KHE geisha freecoaster. I got the set and they are 10 times smoother than any nankai ive ever tried or ridden. Alot more dependable when it comes to acutally freecoasting too. It has adjustable slack and they just came out with a left side drive one if you want to look cool. They might cost more but id say they are worth it!