Author Topic: Original Bike Tricks from Tim Knoll  (Read 28020 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Original Bike Tricks from Tim Knoll
« on: May 28, 2013, 06:01:35 PM »

Tim has a way of riding spots and obstacles in a completely unique way. There are some crazy tricks here, like a rolling leanback under a whole line of tractor trailers, a front flip out of a bar ride, and lots more!

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
Re: Original Bike Tricks from Tim Knoll
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2013, 07:47:03 PM »
I swear on my life I’m not hating so save the bullsh*t please.

But I mean I don’t see how hardcore flat heads can get into this. I mean for f*ck sakes the guys physical prowness is uncanny but they’re circus tricks. I mean hes obviously got sick flat skills as you can see with the tail whips and all but I can’t help but think any gymnast with a bit of time on their hands could start flipping off of bikes and all. What he does here is awesome but this is just a year in the gym away from the African guy dancing around the ten speed. Plus where is the originality? Guys have been rolling over cars for ages and didn't one of the Finnish guys front brake flip in a edit last year? Besides that its like hanging off of basketball nets and poles and all... I don't know man, that's not flatland. That's not even BMX.

Once again, not hating, just trying to bring up conversation, chill out.

Offline Bau

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2013, 07:48:13 PM »
I don't like his style. I believe a bike must be treated with love and respect hahah.

Of course I'd really like to have his skills, but that's another story

Offline michaelbuddy

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2013, 09:16:31 PM »
You guys, this Flatland video just hit the top spot front page of Reddit.com. #1 spot on a Tuesday afternoon lunch hour. This IS HUGE. He'll probably see views in the hundreds of thousands.  AND better still. People will also be seeing other flatland videos because of how youtube threads them together.

Offline gino4130

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 09:40:59 PM »
I think this is great.  Some true originality going on here. 

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2013, 10:33:42 PM »
You guys, this Flatland video just hit the top spot front page of Reddit.com. #1 spot on a Tuesday afternoon lunch hour. This IS HUGE. He'll probably see views in the hundreds of thousands.  AND better still. People will also be seeing other flatland videos because of how youtube threads them together.

This is not a flatland video. How is this a flatland video?

Offline tod miller

• GF Inhabitant
  • ATX Crew, rollin' deep!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2013, 11:48:36 PM »
You're right Rad, this isn't a Flatland video.  It's a guy riding his bike however he wants too.  He's original, a unique rider who seems to enjoy doing things his own way.  Tim Knoll doesn't need flatland, but flatland needs guys like him.

Out of Step(you get the Minor Threat reference)
"A puppet no more!"

Phatman

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2013, 11:55:24 PM »
He has Flat skills, he shows it in the video.. However i do agree this is NOT Flatland, I think its brilliant however, so much skill on a bike & to use the obstacles around him in such an impressive fashion is definitely not easy. Its kinda like Parkour (SP?) with a bike? Does that make sense?

Offline masonmar

• Forkglider
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2013, 12:53:34 AM »
His style sort of reminds me of Eddie Roman. Raw and fun.

Offline efxman

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2013, 01:13:42 AM »
It's called freestyle or it use to be but now everyone breaks things into little sub groups and rips this Tom apart for being creative and yes original.  He is looking at a bike in a unique way that brings something fun to the sport.  I have always loved Tom's stuff and am glad that this site posts his videos.  Skills and creativity, a rare thing nowadays.  To me the creative part is always the hardest.

Offline getzfafive

• Funky Chicken
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2013, 01:35:54 AM »
I showed this video to my brother and he said it reminded him of WILLIAM SPENCER

WILLIAM SPENCER-HOLLARADO! Small | Large

Offline JUGGARNAUT

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2013, 04:29:28 AM »
AWESOME!!!! Hes riding, who cares he isnt doing all the same cookie cutter BS we usually get dumped on us.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2013, 04:34:26 AM »
No doubt Tim is a boss. I'm just saying, this isn't "Video of the Year" like Effraim was saying, and no I don't think he's the Dark Knight of Flatland with the whole "flatland needs him" thing. It's fun and awesome and all but if anything it's detrimental to flatland. Obviously dude can do whatever the f*ck he wants to do on a bike, but I don't even want it associated with flatland. I'm "the flatland guy" with in the group of street kids and they're all asking me to do flip and sh*t off of my bike because they saw this video and think it's flat. You know those douche bags that roll down the road and see you cruising and holler "DO A BACK FLIP!"? This is their dream. This kid will do a backflip for them. He will do the f*ck out of a backflip for them lol.
Once again, do what you wanna do, not hating at all, have fun on your bike or whatever, but keep this sh*t away from flat man.

Offline Rad255

• GF Inhabitant
  • Just laugh.
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2013, 04:38:15 AM »
He has Flat skills, he shows it in the video.. However i do agree this is NOT Flatland, I think its brilliant however, so much skill on a bike & to use the obstacles around him in such an impressive fashion is definitely not easy. Its kinda like Parkour (SP?) with a bike? Does that make sense?

And I can agree with this.

Offline Booroo

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2013, 12:41:11 PM »
When Matthias started bringing street oriented tricks it became fashion. When some other guy rides freestyle people start calling it non-flatland. Kinda strange for me.
Better to ride not so smooth but with your own style, than trying to be a copy.