Author Topic: Tekktro U-Breaks  (Read 4403 times)

Offline Flatland318

• Backpacker
Tekktro U-Breaks
« on: March 06, 2013, 04:23:23 PM »
Yea never again...I wanted to hurry up and get breaks so I got the quickest most readily avaible option. I was working on my forkglides and my brakes stuck on their own and ejected me off my bike. I just had them installed at my local bike shop (Bikes ETC) and they were fine for a week untill now. After me accident I noticed that my breaks are leaning to one side to where on pad is consistantly touching my rim and the other cant reach my rim. Is this common with these breaks because their cheap or does this sound like a installation malfunction?
It aint nothin' but a G thang baby, Def Row is tha record dat pays me.

Offline back2flat35

• Backpacker
Re: Tekktro U-Breaks
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 05:08:41 PM »
not typical. probaly over clocked the springs and they failed.my guess anyway

Offline rawchild

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 05:09:40 PM »
Maybe the spring broke or the the bolt that holds the spring got lose.

This will answer your question the best.

http://www.global-flat.com/smf/index.php?topic=13890.0
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 05:25:49 PM by rawchild »
Hey Meg...check this out.

Offline Flatland318

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 05:22:21 PM »
Thanks I gotta call my bike shop and see if they can fix this...I dont do my own breaks even when I use to race BMX I had them professionaly done. I wish I knew how to but it's a b**** and every time I've tried I just get fustrated and smoke down half a pack in the process lol.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 07:38:50 AM »
check if the brake pivot post has gotten loose if you are using non-welded, removable type.
my odyssey flatware have a tendacy to come loose on the left side brake pivot post, had to re-apply locktite.

sounds like the tension on one side of your brakes ran loose, just re-tension them and wrench the allen bot  down tightly; after checking if the pivot post are tight that is.

Offline Flatland318

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2013, 03:51:20 PM »
No I have some generic factory KHE forks with welded on break mounts. I'm fixing to upgrade those though. I sat and tinkered with it for hours last night and nothing would work. I tried to re-adjust the tension but every time it would just close back down. Now my breaks are completely locked on my rim on both sides gotta wait till tomarrow to get it to the shop.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 02:13:38 AM »
no pixs, we can't do much for you blind...
all the best anyways

Offline londonflat

• Backpacker
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 09:42:44 PM »
Thanks I gotta call my bike shop and see if they can fix this...I dont do my own breaks even when I use to race BMX I had them professionaly done. I wish I knew how to but it's a b**** and every time I've tried I just get fustrated and smoke down half a pack in the process lol.
You should learn too do them yourself dude,saves alot of hassle

Offline Stubbleduck43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 01:36:54 AM »
*U-brakes

Offline TheLoyaltyGuy

• Forkglider
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 04:15:28 AM »
ya i actually have some tektro brakes on my bike that ive been riding for about 3 years. they should work for a long time as long as the springs are good. how did you try to adjust the brakes? did you use an allen wrench on the mounts going into the fork? or did you use an open end wrench to adjust the springs? sometimes you have to use both to get the correct spring tension. im guessing that the bike shop didnt really check over the spring tension of your brakes. if you wanna get into riding flatland a lot you should definitely learn how to work on your bike yourself. it will save you time and money.