Author Topic: St Martin TEN...lil somethin for the old schoolers..  (Read 23809 times)

LOU4130

Re: St Martin TEN...lil somethin for the old schoolers..
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2013, 01:27:47 AM »
Wow.   Perfect.  Seriously.

Thanks bro!:)

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2013, 03:44:51 AM »
I did something similar a few years back with a project bike of mine, though it was actually a newer Haro.  I'm going to have to pick up one of those Ten's.  I almost pulled the trigger with a Palmero years back, but the KGB quality gave me concerns.
http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/haro/35523#.UUPcXL_ZRu8

LOU4130

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 02:04:05 PM »
That is awesome ancient school! Love it! I was thinking of doing that with the 92? Master..pretty much the 88but without the platforms.  I also plan to restore a 87 or 88 for mostly show,but still something I would ride every now and then.

Yea I almost did the same thing with the palmero and had the same concerns. The ten seems more sturdy for sure and st Martin hasn't had quality issues I'm aware of. Can't wait for it to warmup just a little more and stop freakin raining so I can ride it. I already took her out once an really liked it .

Offline ancientskool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2013, 07:15:28 AM »
The Palmero seemed like a good idea, but just looking at it made me think it would break somewhere.  The TEN looks modern with a few oldschool touches, without going too crazy.  LOVE the chrome too.

LOU4130

« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 11:03:15 PM »
heh i know exactly what ya mean. i thought the same thing about the Palmero.
Yea i had to have the chrome, even though i painted 2/3rds of it lol.

Offline Flatland Fanatic

• Backpacker
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2013, 07:55:21 AM »
Thank you for posting pics of this bike!  Just looking at it makes me feel like I'm 13 again.  I had a Master bitd and I loved it.  Your attention to detail is amazing. Great job!!!

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2013, 09:21:22 AM »
Those rim decals look real nice! Ive been talking myself out of trying to get frame with twin tt but then i see your bike and i want one! :) Would you consider making a couple more of the rim decals up if I paid you some monies? The colours would look so good on my hybrid. Very nice work anyways Lou I love it!  :beer:
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

LOU4130

« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2013, 01:55:08 AM »
Thank you very much guys :)

Im sure i can do another set of those rim decals :)

I ordered the Chrome AJ forks from FF but they were defective with a slightly bent dropout, :( ..so Pat is sending me a new set. :)

Offline londonflat

• Backpacker
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2013, 10:56:55 AM »
Love it,im personally not a fan of double tt but this one is so nice,love the Haro master look to it :)

LOU4130

« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »
Yea i only rode Haro Masters back then, so i have a natural liking for the dtt. Definately not for everyone. Newschool frames havent had platforms for the most part, in at least a decade, and this is sort of a platform. What really is funny is how about 5 or 6 yrs ago, or whenever that was when Haro came out with that anniversary "freestlyer" which was just a repainted and stickered Mirra pro...i was like why didnt they make a modern day master? ...and i doodled something that pretty much was this frame is. less the bend in the downtube, and with a wrap around gusset like the old 87/88 masters. So naturally when i saw this..i wanted it and immediately thought m aybe i could do some retro throwback Haro Master style decals/paint for it...and there ya have it lol.

Offline discostu

« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2013, 01:55:20 PM »
Wow, I love this it would look great next to my 88 master. :)

Offline pskat

• Forkglider
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »
very nice!

Offline Bone

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2014, 06:45:48 AM »
Crazy is the word!!!!!!!! An Autum Escobar handle bar would complete this set up...