Author Topic: KHE A-Damn AD Frame on sale at FF  (Read 1861 times)

Offline dethtrk17

• Deathtrucker
    • MYSPACE
KHE A-Damn AD Frame on sale at FF
« on: January 16, 2013, 05:06:58 PM »
How is this frame? I like the geometry. I like the weight. I like the looks and mostly the price.

Anyone riding it wanna share some thoughts? Id appreciate it.

Offline dethtrk17

• Deathtrucker
    • MYSPACE

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
Re: KHE A-Damn AD Frame on sale at FF
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 10:54:06 PM »
Hi,
I have tried the bike from a friend with that frame. I liked it, but the geometry was very similar to my frame, so no surprise that I could deal with it.
I think if you know that the geometry is good for you you can't go too wrong. From the technical side I would prefer to have smoother transitions from the chain- and seatstays to the dropout (they are ok, it could just be better) and that these are longer. With short dropouts like this it can be a little difficult to use regular chain tensioners and the frame does not have built in chain tensioners. A halflink shoul make it possible to bring the axle in the right position.
All in all I think it is a very nice deal for this price. It is just not so "cool" because it is not a signature frame or something like that. If you are looking for something reasonable I think you should get it.

Offline K.Wong

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:58:13 AM »
looks like a relabeled OEM frame to me...
probably wait/ lurk for someone on here to sell the "pro" version instead, the price differences would be close.
have test ridden my friend's "pro" complete with minor parts upgrade - can't fault the quality and weight for the price range; only quibble is with the addict forks...

Offline dethtrk17

• Deathtrucker
    • MYSPACE
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 02:20:36 PM »
Thanks for the replys guys. I will probly stick with the haro im riding, financial reasons. Because once I got the frame, I would need new forks and cranks at minimum. oh well.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 01:42:45 PM »
Do you have a 1" fork? I think all 1 1/8" forks should be compatible with that frame. And all three-piece cranks as well. Am I wrong?
K. Wong: I think the geometry of this frame is slightly different from the pro model. TT is a little longer here and the HT a little steeper.

Offline twotires

• Forkglider
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2013, 02:37:06 PM »
i ride the ST which i think is the same frame. the bb  is super low(11.4) so it feels really sluggish but stable.

Offline dethtrk17

• Deathtrucker
    • MYSPACE
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 10:46:25 PM »
My haro frame uses a standard 1 1/8 headset and forks...not integrated. I doubt my forks will work wit the frame. I would also need an integrated headset and a mid bb for my crappy one piece cranks. Just dont have that cash and dont care for bike downtime due to waiting for parts.

Offline DaddyCool

• Deathtrucker
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 11:21:40 PM »
Any 1 1/8" threadless fork is compatible with that frame. Only most of the newer forks with integrated bearing race are not compatible with most normal headsets and thus not compatible with non-integrated headset style frames.
Of course you would need a headset.
A Mid BB is not compatible with any kind of one piece crank. These are only compatible with US BB. This is the reason for the US BB being used for such a long time in the past.
For Euro BB, spanish BB and Mid BB you need a three piece crank.
I agree, losing time by waiting for new parts is not nice  :D .
So ride on!