Author Topic: Matt Wilhelm | Home  (Read 4664 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Matt Wilhelm | Home
« on: September 26, 2012, 02:33:36 PM »
Just woke up, and found this unreal edit in my inbox! Thanks Matt! His new, highly anticipated edit is here and it doesn NOT dissapoint! I almost never say "you've got to see this!" but in this case, you really should! Holy cats!

Offline OldYeller

• Cliffhanger
Re: Matt Wilhelm | Home
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 04:24:30 PM »
This is my favorite edit of his.

I don't think he gets enough credit or even the same response as many other riders because he's just too good.  We know that he goes so fast and so flawlessly in edits that there is no anticipation.  You don't sit on the edge of your seat and go "Pull it!" because you know he's going to.  We're numb to how talented he is.  Seeing someone else do the same tricks would be mind-blowing, but instead, "Oh, that's Matt".

This edit got that out of the way right up front with a horrific example of what it looks like when that kind of speed goes wrong. It made me think about each trick way more than I had previously which if anything, also made me realize just how damn good he is.

It's a double edged sword being at the level Matt is and I think that adding a sense of danger is just what he needed.

Awesome video.  :beer:

Offline wesbmxr

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 04:34:58 PM »
I agree with oldyeller! Matt has been killin' it for years and when you see him fall it's a shocking mathematical outlier. One of the most consistent riders out there...killer vid!!!!

Offline siwy

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 05:21:34 PM »

TOP NOTCH !

Offline AB

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 08:59:46 PM »
I tend to agree with OldYeller, in fact I've been thinking about this phenomenom for awhile. Pete Brandt may have been the first to suffer from this type of bias, but it's happened to a lot of riders. Being insanely dialed makes the trick look easy. You can argue all day about new tricks vs old tricks but for me hard tricks are hard tricks. Matt is insanely dialed on a lot of hard tricks. He's past now simply pulling the link, he's moved on to doing the link at intense speed or unimaginably tight circles. He just simply makes a difficult trick more difficult because of the speed at which he does them.

Offline radoaos

• Backpacker
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 09:59:16 PM »
Always inspiring, Matt is.

Offline Bone

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 11:24:46 PM »
Matt just when totally insane on this one wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline nigel161803

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 01:43:15 AM »
Until I saw this video I thought he never fell during his crazy spins and turbines... Now I know is actually is human. Thanks for posting!

Offline Vic Román

• Cliffhanger
  • RaD!
    • Gorilla Photo Media
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:21:27 AM »
Every rider falls.I film ,sometimes it takes a long time to get the gap,line or combo the rider wanted filmed. however I know what you mean ,Matt  has his moves so dialed  that sometimes he looks like a Robot ,programed to do such things. So rad!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 01:56:13 AM by motozilla »

"This ain't segregation this is freestyle folks". - Ruben Castillo

Offline Bone

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2012, 06:41:17 AM »
serious serious explosive riding lots of flare that will wow any crowd wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!