Author Topic: Circle of Balance Rider: Dominik Nekolny from the Czech Republic  (Read 9087 times)

Offline Mr News Bot

• Robot
  • GF Inhabitant
    • global-flat
Our Circle of Balance series continues with one of the most dialed riders out there - Dom! You can find a few of his recent contest runs on our Vimeo page in case you need reminder..

When did you start riding and what made you start?
2003   The first time I saw flatland, I knew I had to do this. My best friend bought a BMX soon after, and I followed a couple months later.  

What’s your riding style? I like to ride on the front wheel. I especially try challenging tricks like X-footed. At the contest my mind is focused on getting my tricks down, rather than how I’m being taken by cameras.  

Any big influences? The most appropriate way of expressing me would be “my dreams encourage me”.  

What’s your killer move? x-foot half-kicker – 540 – halfpacker  

How’s the flatland environment in your country? It’s getting better. There’s more new riders compared to before. Flatland is still a new sport in my country, but I always make an effort so that I can do it in any region.  

What was the highlight of your career? When I won the BCN Extreme. Also, when I was invited to the Real Toughness contest by G-Shock. Last but not least, the invitation to Red Bull Circle of Balance!  

What is Red Bull Circle of Balance to you? To me Red Bull Circle of Balance is something extremely meaningful. I was very excited when I saw clips of the first Red Bull Circle of Balance. I never took part in it, but this time I will!

Offline williamflat

• Backpacker
  • Williamflat
Re: Circle of Balance Rider: Dominik Nekolny from the Czech Republic
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 01:46:10 AM »
good lucky
Face your fears and live your dreams

www.facebook.com/williflat

Offline DLK

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 07:48:51 PM »
Any big influences?

And you didnt have the decency to put Viki gomez? really?

I know right? I love it when Dom does those two-footed pumping backyards. Oh, and those Time Machine variations, regular and upside down. All the bike flipping on the back wheel.......

...wait a minute...

That's right, Dom doesn't do any of that, at all. Perhaps Dom doesn't ride so much like Viki after all.

Offline thestraw

• Backpacker
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 02:13:18 AM »
hatin on Dom is soooo 2008, ciarin perry

Offline jm

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2012, 04:33:26 AM »

I agree. Let's keep it civil, guys. No need to slander anyone who's been influenced by other flatland riders.

Offline Limited

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 06:23:49 AM »

I agree. Let's keep it civil, guys. No need to slander anyone who's been influenced by other flatland riders.
+1

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 07:44:55 AM »
I love that people still hate him, even though he probably is up there with the likes of Justin Miller in terms of technical front wheel skill. He's making a new Dommode, which will be incredible considering he hasn't done one in a few years.

Offline Scott O

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 08:32:57 AM »
Dom is awesome and yes he had influences like us all even Viki. Dom has paved his own way and I have a great deal of respect for how hard he works at Flatland and keeps a regular job still.

A lot of people do not know that Dom works everyday and is still one of the best in the world. He flew to Japan for stayed for 12hrs to compete in KOG/World Circuit then flew back and worked the entire week. If you cant respect this guy and what he does on his BMX something is wrong with you.

www.voodoojam.com
twitter @emceeob

Offline kchez

• Backpacker
    • Phenomenon Designs
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 02:12:34 PM »
A lot of people do not know that Dom works everyday and is still one of the best in the world. He flew to Japan for stayed for 12hrs to compete in KOG/World Circuit then flew back and worked the entire week. If you cant respect this guy and what he does on his BMX something is wrong with you.

That's an awesome level of dedication - seems like he's at a contest every week, is totally dialed and has a career outside of riding, plus he seems like a really positive dude. Props to him!

It would be cool if he took some of his technical ability to the back wheel, though. I'm sure he'd be just as bad ass with that also.

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2012, 11:53:16 PM »
Dom is awesome and yes he had influences like us all even Viki.

I can't think of a single rider who rides front wheel that HASN'T been influenced by Viki.

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 03:01:45 AM »
Morning guys, how was your weekend?     "Dude I got so buzzed Friday night"     "Dude I had to mow the lawn"
"Dude I watched TV with my hands down my pants"

"Dude I went to Japan".

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 06:34:17 PM »

I can't think of a single rider who rides front wheel that HASN'T been influenced by Viki.
Are you sure?

Offline 2flat2furious

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2012, 07:10:50 AM »

Are you sure?

Yes. I'm positive. Every technical switch in the last few years can almost certainly be traced back to components and techniques that Viki pioneered. The only other rider who I think can be held to the same level as Viki is Martti, and even then Martti was influenced by things Viki was doing, and Viki was influenced by Martti.

I can't think of anyone riding front wheel right now who hasn't touched on what those guys dropped from 2000-now. Nobody. Dom took one aspect of Viki's tricks and took them to an entirely different level, and now almost nobody can touch a lot of stuff Dom does and has done. Dom, as far as I know, even learned that x footed wheelchair stuff Martti came out with before Martti, without Martti even knowing it. Who else can say that about their riding?

Offline sakis

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2012, 02:26:05 PM »
1)alexis deselnaux.
yammar,hiro.etc.
about the xfootedwheelchair tricks what year do you mean?martti was doing those in 2001 -2002 i think.
about martti its very difficult to be reached..for me it has invented so many tricks that no else has.
bikeflips,kickflips,switches,blenders,whoppers and the list goes on..