Author Topic: Have Facebook, Twitter, and Flatmatters killed this message board?  (Read 45544 times)

Offline Keneken

• Backpacker
  • im on iron mans back! ,-
Re: Have Facebook, Twitter, and Flatmatters killed this message board?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2012, 10:43:50 AM »
We saying its not the time to try sell my bike then :ph34r:
''let me tell ya something i did a front n rear wheel hang on the cloping on the slide of the spine, now i stick to street!''

''do you freestyle?''

However serious you take it general public sees us as just dicking about on 'kids' bikes, some people could do to remember that and smile a little.

Offline oldmanjoe

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2012, 05:50:22 PM »
I'm somewhat of a noob, and this is the only flatland place I go.
I don't / won't do facebook or twitter, and don't really like to browse youtube.
I come here to read the news, see a few edits, and occasionally ask questions.

Drama is on every site, so this should be no different, and I'm not sure how one leaves this site because of drama, and then goes where?

I do with the discussions were more active, but really, there is only so much to discuss. Those who have been here a long time have discussed most topics already. then us new guys show up and re-hash. I'd think some of the longer standing members just skip some of those discussions just because of been there, done that.

There is a great vibe here though if you need help on a trick, people will come from out of the woodwork to give you tips and help you along, and that makes this place pretty awesome.

I wish I could offer up tips on how to generate more participation, I just don't know. I guess it really depends on what you want out of the site, and I'm getting most of what I expect.

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 07:44:10 PM »
I have been using global for years and years and there is nothing out there like it.

Everything else is mostly news.

I do like the idea of having a pro talk about something like why they have there setup that way and we can ask question but have it heavily watched my mods.

If global could have a clean up with simple looks would be nice. I like the white and black look on the come up
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline wesbmxr

• Hitchhiker
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 08:39:30 PM »
I dig global-flat! I've made some good friends on this forum. For someone who lives in central Indiana and rides alone, this site is my window to the flatland world. I should make an effort to post more often.

Offline stuntnuts

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 08:48:02 PM »
Nit-picking the sh*t out of Global-Flat isn't going to help. Seriously.....the color scheme, one less click to get into the forums, who cares.

Society is obsessed with facebook and by default the sheep flock there first. Facebook is now it's own "internet" within the internet, it might as well have it's own web browser too. Every commercial entity that I can think of now has a facebook page even though they also have a dedicated website. Why? Because more people now go to facebook than to the regular internet. By choice, companies have given up their creative web-identity conforming to the standard facebook page layout for the sole purpose of more views.....sad really.

Don't even get me started on the retards that link their photos and videos from facebook onto other sites. If you want to do that fine, but please also post up your facebook username and password, so the non-sheep can use it to see the sh*t too.

Offline Furball

• GF Inhabitant
  • New York rules, Boston drools!
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 11:42:34 PM »
I'm still here just like the rest of us!

I have been using global for years and years and there is nothing out there like it.

This!

Remember, grammar is the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse", and "I helped my uncle jack off a horse".

I just started getting into flatland stuff about 3 days ago and suck so far, I blame my sh*tty bike and lack of practice.

Offline The Flat Squirrel

• Funky Chicken
  • Flat Squirrel
    • Flat Squirrel
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 11:46:29 PM »
All I can say is that if Flatland is going around facebook and twitter and places like that, by doing this isn't it being promoted around the world more??
I know facebook can be a real pain with all the notifications and game requests, but all the younger riders  will use facebook more than the older riders. it's the way of life now for kids.
They are constantly on their phone's on facebook, twitter, instagram & youtube. They use these as their forums.
The kids are the sports future, don't we need to show them more flatland??? Isn't posting and social networks the way to do this, "plant the seed" so to speak :)
Flatland where I live is not as popular, and hasn't been for many years, it's just dirt round here. but saying that, there are now a few groups of flatlanders appearing
Flatland is being seen more and more in the UK, even the Olympic Torch relay had Matti Hemmings & Josh Briars in the shows.
The sport needs to be seen to create enthusiasm is the younger riders
Have you ever just rode about, just pulled off a nice little trick in front of some kids and then looked at their faces????
http://flatsquirrelflatland.weebly.com/
BMX, Vdubs, Music, what else??

Offline The Flat Squirrel

• Funky Chicken
  • Flat Squirrel
    • Flat Squirrel
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 11:48:28 PM »
Just to add, I see nothing wrong with Global flat. I always check up on everything, new parts, bike checks, video's and the forum even though I do not post many times.

long live Global Flat!!!
http://flatsquirrelflatland.weebly.com/
BMX, Vdubs, Music, what else??

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2012, 03:37:07 AM »
I stopped using twitter when terry adams wouldn't stfu every once in a while lol.....
But I don't see how social networking sites have taken over global-flat. GF will always be unique.
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

byke

« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »
If it aint myspace - then its out of date.

Myspace is to flatland what Mutt is to Kittens.

Offline Bri-jon

• Cliffhanger
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2012, 05:11:35 PM »
If it aint myspace - then its out of date.

Myspace is to flatland what Mutt is to Kittens.

quote of the year
"sh*t + talkers = stalkers lol"

Sold my bike to emigrate to Canada and still waiting for a Visa to work. Worst mistake EVER!

Offline EZChris

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2012, 08:30:42 PM »
forum is okay martin.facebook is killing flatland

hahahahahhaha statements.

who remembers pedal bmx?
Proud member of the Spaff Cartel.

Offline FlatismŽ

• GF Inhabitant
    • Flatism
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2012, 08:34:32 PM »
Didn't the owner of Pedal....looose the plot? Anyway, Global ain't like that!
Flat-ism

Offline Andrew Tarrant

• Cliffhanger
  • Is back...with a KFC bucket.
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2012, 08:36:50 PM »
forum is okay martin.facebook is killing flatland

hahahahahhaha statements.

who remembers pedal bmx?

I remember it sort of, don't remember why people stopped using it though.
Mechanic is easy, all you need is a hammer and a blowtorch....BURN MOTHERf*ck BURRN

Offline rideflat43

• GF Inhabitant
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2012, 03:06:06 AM »
BYKE
STFU
DAMN I AM GONE FOR AWHILE AND YOU sh*tHOLES WANT TO TALK
sh*t ABOUT ME AND I AM STILL GONE!

ASSWIPES!